Charting with manually uploaded data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting with manually uploaded data

I have manually uploaded EOD data for the NSE scrips.I uploaded 3 years worth of data yesterday and then incrementally added one day data today.

The problem I am facing is that on some charts I am seeing the last bar as today date and on some I am still seeing yesterday's bar as the last bar.

Attaching the screenshot of the chart and the historical data for the instrument having the issue.

Please help!!
    Attached Files

Hello Eklavya,

Can you please right cick in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Check what date is entered for 'End date'. Make sure it reflects today's date and check if today's candle will be reflected in the chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI,

I did that but that did not help..the behavior is still the same...

Comment

new issue

I restarted Ninjatrader and that resolvd the problem. However, there is another issue I am facing intermittently. Attached please find the chart of the same instrument I posted earlier in this thread. Now today's bar is reflected properly. However the y axis is completely messed up. I was struggling with this problem yesterday too but it automatically got resolved.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue.
        Attached Files

Comment

I see that the Y-axis has been extended to the price of zero. Can you please right click on the right side of the Y-axis and select Properties. Please tell me what settings are used for the Y-axis or provide a screenshot of these settings.

Comment

Hi Jason,

The issue has again gotten resolved. This may sound wierd but here is how it got resolved. In my default instrument list, there are around 50 instruments. The position of NIFTY in that list is around 30. I changed the chart instrument to the first one on the list and the chart was appearing properly. Then I sequentially changed the chart instrument to the next one on the list and eventually got to NIFTY and this time the y axis was proper.

Let me see if I can replicate the problem and send you the screenshots of the settings.

Comment

Hi Jason..here it is. What happened is that I had not saved my workspace and when i closed and reopened the workspace, the problem resurfaced.

Screenshot of the settings attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

I see some lines drawn in the chart. Does it make any difference if you remove these lines?

What happens if you remove this chart and create a brand new chart via File-->New-->Chart?

If the issue remains, please post the NIFTY.SA historical data and tell me what settings you have setup for the NIFTY.SA. That way I can reproduce the same chart on my end.

Comment

1. No removing the lines does not make a difference.
                  2. When I open a new chart the issue is not there in the new chart.
                  3. As I said the issue is very unpredictable. I am myself not able to replicate the issue when I open a new chart.
                  4. On the current chart, if I keep chanigng the instrument on the chart, sometimes the issue goes away.

I can send you the historical data but I don't think it will serve nay purpose. If I could show you my screen through a screenshare, I think that will be much better in understanding the issue. Please let me know.

Comment

I would like to setup the same chart on my end to see if I can reproduce the issue. Once I found a reproducible scenario, I can report it to Development to further troubleshoot the issue.

Could you please provide me the historical data loaded in your chart and the settings you have configured for the NIFTY.SA.

Comment

How do I send you the data?

Comment

You can post it in this forum thread. If the file is too large, please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post f.saeidi  
                        Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes