Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

splash screen then dead

HI,

This just started happening (don't know if my windows updates did this; I think my NT7 can't communicate with your servers), when I start NT7 I get the splash screen, the API starts fine, then nothing. No program. It's just dead. I try to start it again, but it says it's already running. I see it in control panel under processes but not applications. What could be causing this all of a sudden? I think it must be some verification communication issue when starting, but I turned off the windows firewall and it still just gives me the splash screen and then nothing else.
    What could this be?

Thanks.

P.S. I thought it might be the updated .net framework, so I deleted the new version 4 and reinstalled version 2, now I'm not even getting the splash screen, it just shows NT in the processes for a second and dissapears, and API doesn't even load.

when I tried reinstalling, it says a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file.... tmp6E.tmp
    Attached Files
    Last edited by werido; 06-28-2010, 01:16 AM.

Hello werido,

I noticed you posted another message that displayed a different error. Am I correct the issue reported in this post does not occur anymore?

If it does persist, please reboot your PC and try once more.

If the issue remains, please send me you latest log and trace files. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100628 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100628 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can post them in this forum thread.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 06-28-2010, 05:22 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I was having trouble on both my primary and redundant system (different issues), but I did a full reinstall on both based on a previous suggestion from you guys to an older problem. Thank you very much for all your continued tech support

Comment

I think I know what was causing this issue before (that when I would start NT it would show in the processes of my task manager but not in the applications and the application wouldn't start). This just happened again and it was preceded by what happened the last time too. What happened was my connection to PFG was lost and my connection setting was clicked to "connect on start-up" so that when I closed down NT and tried to restart it, it wouldn't start because it still couldn't connect to PFG (probably Sunday maintenance). So now I deleted the config file in my documents, re-entered connection information, this time not connecting on start up, and I can now open NT.

Thanks

Comment

Great to hear you found the cause of the issue and thank you for reporting.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes