Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT+ZF Data missing

ES chart for Sunday is missing data from 17 00 to 00 05
    on Zen-Fire, both Mirus and AMP don't have the data.
    I've used 2 different
    - brokers and accounts
    - internet connections
    - computers
    to verify this.

What is going on? I need a complete data feed for my charts otherwise
    no trades, no commissions, no nothing.

Need your response, please.

PS everything was tried out including reloading charts, reinstalling Ninjatrader, resetting databases, etc.
    Last edited by eddieban; 06-28-2010, 06:13 AM.

Hello eddieban,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you are currently running which may be found under Help-->About.

Unfortunately there had been outage on NT7 data servers which was resolved around 1AM EST today. This resulted in data no properly being recorded between session start Sunday afternoon and that time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Data server is 64.202.118.144

In case if there's no solution to this then
      Ninjatrader is nowhere to be used in trading
      this is serous and has to be addressed appropriately and in a timely manner
      no one is gonna be playing with a bunch of datafeeds dealing with merge this and that
      switch here and there

ninjatrader's reliability is at stake
      Last edited by eddieban; 06-28-2010, 05:48 AM.

Comment

You may be currently setup on our NT 7 server for historical data. To verify this please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your license key which can be found under Help-->About

Comment

Please see here post #7:

Thanks

Comment

I am unable to trade without that data.
            You had an outage, that's fine
            If I don't have that data on my screen I won't be able to trade for at least 2 days as all my charts are messed up.

Are you telling me that I absolutely cannot get that data?

Comment

Yes, you can get data if you are subscribed to one of NT supported data feeds (IQFeed, eSignal, Kinetick, barchart.com).

Comment

ok in this case i'm going to all forums i can reach and write about this
                people should know
                maybe next time you do something better than giving me a list of data providers

Comment

May be there is a misunderstanding: NT provides historical data as a free service for some dedicated broker services (ZenFire, TT). We try our best to run and manage that data service to provide the best service level even as the service is completely free. This includes implementing improved server SW/HW for NT7. However, the service level comes with some clear limitations, some of them are even beyond our control. Most of our users enjoy that free service. I understand that you feel unhappy with the free service we provide to you.

Commercial data services which charge for their service clearly are able to provide a service level superior to what we are able to provide. We understand that there is a subset of our users having their trading reliant on a quality level of data which we can't provide. Those users actually might be better off using a paid service than our free service. I understand you actually might belong to that group. That's why I provided you the list of these paid services.

Comment

As a kindhearted human being I understand your post, yet from a professional angle
                    providing "sometimes malfunctioning" service in such a critical field is a disaster recipe.
                    I will be dealing with my brokers on this as I see that there's no help from you.

Having several datafeeds is a pandora box in itself, that's why a lot of guys like me tend to stick to just one datafeed.

One thing I don't understand - is it really so hard to inject that missing data back into your databases.
                    It's either impossible or someone just doesn't want to bother.

I'm done here.

Comment

What you're suggesting is actually on our list of issues to consider yet and we definitely will get to that in the future. However, our priorities are getting NT7 out of door right now and not so much providing a quality level of our free service which is comparable to that of a commercial data vendor.

Also: would you mind elaborating on your statement
                      >> several datafeeds is a pandora

Comment

OK Now after we have found out that historical data feed that comes from ninjatrader as a complimentary service is totally unacceptable, let's deal with this issue constructively.

I trade ES futures only, therefore all I care about is historical (current ES) data, which is usually about 3-4 months, and real-time quotes that I get from Zen-Fire.

Now let's focus on historical part, would you please elaborate on a mechanism of how I can have 2 datafeeds in my ninjatrader, that would allow me to have an acceptable quality of both feeds.

For example, barchart: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

$71 per month gives me delayed data for ES

Please explain am I right in my solution, and how do I set up these feeds to work together.
                        Am I gonna have any issues with them working on 1 platform?
                        Any problems with keys, etc?

Looking forward to your reply.

Comment

In this scenario you would want to connect to Barchart to capture the historical data-->Disconnect-->Connect to Zen-Fire.

Yes this will work with your current license key since Barchart is a data only provider.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post tkaboris  
                          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes