Collapse

New Ninja FOREX broker: OANDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ray, $600/month is paid by customers, i don't think, $600/month will prevent NT to add oanda as connectivity. when a NT customers choose to use oanda, they are argeed to pay for he cost..so no worry.

Note: With enough volume you should have api enable completely free, even with only 100 trades a day -less than half a minilot per trade should suffice.

cheers
    Last edited by RickTrader99; 09-30-2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Oanda is by far the best forex broker I've come across. I absolutely vouch for them. The ONLY area they lack in is advanced charting.

Many of us would consider NT+Oanda to be the perfect combination, so do consider supporting this broker please.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
        Last time I checked, the Oanda API was cost prohibitive. I thought each customer had to pay $600 per month to use their API. In any case, they are still on the list and I will look into it again post NT7 release.
        Looking forward to some additional feedback (about Oanda) now that NT7 R1 is in production!! YaaHHHhoooo

Comment

Is this the most requested FX broker support, yet? Do we need to create an open-funding project to make it happen soon?

Comment

The $600 / month bill is to use their API for live trading. If you using their API with a simulated account its free.
            mrlogik
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Originally posted by mrlogik View Post
              The $600 / month bill is to use their API for live trading. If you using their API with a simulated account its free.
              Yes, but I guess it takes time and effort to get it working and maybe the Ninja team need some help resourcing that development? How long would it likely take to develop support for a new broker?

Comment

Unfortuantely I am not aware of how long it would take to complete if the partnership were agreed upon. I will however forward the note to development to remind them of the request.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am voting for Oanda too!!
                  fx.practic
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Adding Oanda would make NT the best platform out there, by far. Thanks for looking at adding this.

Comment

I think it's more a question of whether Oanda would add NT, not the other way around. I'm saying this because they (Oanda) still don't support any external proprietary platforms, only their own.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                        Indeed! WHY!!??? Especially considering the current situation with GAIN ... nothing more should be needed to tip the scales to get this broker connected up with NT
                        Ninja trader is a leading developer of high-performance trading software and I would say for affordable price because it would be much cheaper to use Ninja Trader platform for trading in Oanda account with Oanda quotes then use eSignal for trading with Oanda.

Comment

OANDA, please, please, please

Totally agree with all previous requests on this. OANDA + NinjaTrader would be the total solution.

OANDA has released MT4 for practice accounts, (I'm using it now - works flawlessly), and will be releasing it soon for live accounts, so obviously they CAN partner with other platforms when their customers demand it. OANDA told me they had finally heard from so many customers wanting to use MT4, that they couldn't ignore it any longer.

Maybe we should be pestering OANDA to get with NinjaTrader. I will start forwarding them this thread every few days.

Comment

@tworth - great idea to fwd to OANDA.

i also started a thread over at Big Mike's:
                            Yep, I saw your post on NT forum. I was talking to someone at OANDA support recently about MT4. I'm not really crazy about MT4, but I was interested in trying it with OANDA, just to see how well it works, and because I got interested in a 3rd party order management software that works with MT4 Anyway had a nice conversation with a gent there, and he said they finally just heard from SO many MT4 users that they decided to make it happen. I probed a bit to see what the internal buzz was at OANDA about …

cheers,
                            -e

Comment

any particular email address you used? was it the main support desk [email protected] ?

Comment

I just sent this to OANDA at the following link, listed on their contact page:

To OANDA Customer Feedback:

There are many, many of us out here who would love to be able to use NinjaTrader to trade our OANDA accounts.

Now that you are supporting MT4, and so far very well, it is obvious that OANDA can partner with other platforms when it sees the customer demand is there.

How can we convince OANDA to support NinjaTrader?

Here is a link to a NinjaTrader Support Forum thread that will give you an idea of how many traders want this, and the level of loyalty and support that traders have for both OANDA and NinjaTrader.

The thread runs from oldest to most recent, so if you scroll through you'll see that this is a passionate ongoing topic.

Please advise how we can get your attention on this matter. If customer feedback will help, I'm sure all out NinjaTrader Forum members will be happy to give it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses
                                0 likes