X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ninja FOREX broker: OANDA

Hello,

I know we already had a discussion about adding Oando to Ninjas supported
    Broker list, but I want to bring this topic back in discussion.

I know that you don't want to add Oanda because they charge 600$/month for their
    API. But after intensiv testing (with real money accounts) I have to say that Oanda is one of the best Forex brokers.

IB is a very good Forex broker but their commissions make it hard for traders who want to scalp with small positions. With MB Trading it's the same story. We don't have to talk about GAIN because this is not a serious broker (take a look in the TradeStation forum if you don't believe...)

Oanda only charges the spread which is very fix at 0.9pips. No commssions.

Think about it. A big part of your 20.000 customers trades with small accounts and want to have more trading options to have the ability to work with a better money management. The Forex market is the best place for that.

I can't belive that the 600$ are the problem. If this is really the problem we maybe find some people who are ready to pay 100$/month to sponsor the Oanda API. I'm ready to pay for this.

So thank you guys for a great trading platform but please don't stop adding serious brokers.

Hello easyfresh3000,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for future partner considerations for NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i'll second that request to add oanda as a future forex broker. that would be terrific.

cheers,
      -e

Comment

I would strongly support any move to support Oanda. If the 600.00 bucks is really the problem I will gladly pay whatever part was needed to get this done.

Comment

Thank you for your requests everyone and yes I will forward these over as well.

Have a great day!
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by easyfresh3000 View Post
            Hello,

I know we already had a discussion about adding Oando to Ninjas supported
            Broker list, but I want to bring this topic back in discussion.

I know that you don't want to add Oanda because they charge 600$/month for their
            API. But after intensiv testing (with real money accounts) I have to say that Oanda is one of the best Forex brokers.

IB is a very good Forex broker but their commissions make it hard for traders who want to scalp with small positions. With MB Trading it's the same story. We don't have to talk about GAIN because this is not a serious broker (take a look in the TradeStation forum if you don't believe...)

Oanda only charges the spread which is very fix at 0.9pips. No commssions.

Think about it. A big part of your 20.000 customers trades with small accounts and want to have more trading options to have the ability to work with a better money management. The Forex market is the best place for that.

I can't belive that the 600$ are the problem. If this is really the problem we maybe find some people who are ready to pay 100$/month to sponsor the Oanda API. I'm ready to pay for this.

So thank you guys for a great trading platform but please don't stop adding serious brokers.
            Vouch my support

+ 100

Comment

strongly support

Originally posted by mr.az View Post
              Vouch my support

+ 100

I am in this wonderful goal
              +100

Comment

I know this has been said before, but I wanted to add it to this thread.

The $600 monthly price is only when you're live trading. As a developer, you get access to their API on their simulated server for free development.
                mrlogik
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Oanda + NT = Past Due

I have been with Oanda for years. Solid broker. Great spreads. This should have happened yesterday.
                  Please do it.
                  +100

Comment

I'd like to see Oanda support too. I use Oanda platform for order entry (not charting) and it's a pain to have another platform just for order entry.

Is this $600 for each trader to pay? That's steep and I wouldn't pay it myself.

Comment

I cannot understand your delays to integrate Oanda into your brokers list!

If all contracting parties has additional value created then where is the problem?
                      Just think about this:

Oanda is very handy broker for retail traders just because of the adjustable trade size. You can set lot size whatever you want (min 1$) and entry to market. This is handy for some trading sistems, MM or just for account size.

Ninja trader is a leading developer of high-performance trading software and I would say for affordable price because it would be much cheaper to use Ninja Trader platform for trading in Oanda account with Oanda quotes then use eSignal for trading with Oanda.

For many Oanda retail traders is just too expensive to use integraded trading with eSignal just because their account size is smaller.
                      If the retail trader account size is big enough and he does not need take care about lot sizes (he can enter with min 10 000$ lot for any unit) then he is not attached to Oanda. He/She can easy use a wider range brokers already.

Now just imagine what additional value would be created for all parties if Ninja would integrate Oanda into their brokers list!

*Oanda would have even more retail customers because of additional possibilities to offer for their traders the high-performance trading software;
                      *Ninja Trader platform developers would have more customers for the platform because of increased demand for their service. Automatically this would lead to more revenue and also (I hope) even to better development of the software.
                      *Retail traders would have handy broker with possibility to choose high-performance software for competitive price.
                      I myself would purchase the liftime Ninja licence next day after the trading with Oanda would be integrated with Ninja Trader platform because this option would perfectly suit me for my trading system and my MM. Instead now I am going to lease Ninja Trader just for one quater for the trading with other broker with a open question to use it in the future.
                      Also if the integrations with oanda would be made maybe the price for the Ninja Trader software could be reduced because of increased demand and revenue. This would lead to even to more popularity to use Ninja Trader platform among retail traders.

So, why is so long delays for this opportunity?

Comment

Definitely Oanda

Originally posted by a tradesman View Post
                        I cannot understand your delays to integrate Oanda into your brokers list!....
                        Oanda is very handy broker for retail traders just because of the adjustable trade size. You can set lot size whatever you want (min 1$) and entry to market. This is handy for some trading sistems, MM or just for account size.

So, why is so long delays for this opportunity?
                        Indeed! WHY!!??? Especially considering the current situation with GAIN ... nothing more should be needed to tip the scales to get this broker connected up with NT

Comment

i also vote for this, can you add oanda to ninjatrader.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello guys,

I will forward your comments to my superiors regarding Oanda.

Thank you for your feedback.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Last time I checked, the Oanda API was cost prohibitive. I thought each customer had to pay $600 per month to use their API. In any case, they are still on the list and I will look into it again post NT7 release.
                              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes