Connection Problem with TradeStation .ELD version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gregschr,

Did transferring these files over allow you to overcome the issue? Are you now able to load data?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Yes this fixed the problem. Both NTExternalFeed and NTDataDownload now work.
      The Trading Mantis
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Trading Mantis

Comment

I do not have a 32 bit machine and have the exact same issue with the Ninja .ELD

Could someone attach the files in ELD file for me to import to my 64 bit machine.. where I have Tradestation?

or point me to a link to download?

Comment

Hello albruno,

The files are attached to this post.
          Attached Files

Comment

quoting gregshr
            "I found that the NinjaTrader.ELD and ELS files on the 32 bit machine (dated 2/29/08 and 2/13/08) "

The attached ELD has a date of April 12, 2010 and fails.... on opening.
            stating that it was made in version 10.00.00.0008
            Last edited by albruno; 08-12-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

albruno,

The files we're from my installation of NinjaTrader 6.5 which occurred on that date. The other user's files were dated differently due to their original installation date.

In any case, for the error you're seeing, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall both NinjaTrader and Tradestation.

Comment

hi kyle,
                i have 3 versions of tradestation installed allong with 1000's of hours of setups workspaces.. etc...

there has to be a better way.
                I want to use Ninja but that almost seems extreme to do.

why not just post the code - in a text form,... and then i can make an eld from the script-- it would be almost the same thing --correct?

that seems a lot more efficient then wiping out everything... you think?

Comment

Hi albruno,

It's the multiple versions of TS that are resulting in the issue here.

Unfortunately, I have no better solution to provide you with. This is the only known fix for the issue currently.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                    Hi albruno,

It's the multiple versions of TS that are resulting in the issue here.

Unfortunately, I have no better solution to provide you with. This is the only known fix for the issue currently.
                    I am having the same problem. I have only TS 8.6 and NT 7 on my system. I previously had the issue with NT 6.5 and uninstalled and reinstalled NT 7.

Comment

Hello shutson,

Thank you for your post.

Please uninstall and reinstall all versions of TS and NinjaTrader that exist on your PC. If the issue persists after reinstalling, please let me know.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                      1. Close all running applications.
                      2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                      3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                      4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
                      5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                      6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                      7. Reboot your machine.
                      8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                        Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Hello shutson,

Thank you for your post.

Please uninstall and reinstall all versions of TS and NinjaTrader that exist on your PC. If the issue persists after reinstalling, please let me know.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                        1. Close all running applications.
                        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
                        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                        7. Reboot your machine.
                        8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                          Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
                        Will this work if I do not delete browser cache and cookies? Seems excessive.

Comment

shutson,

We recommend this step to ensure that you are not loading a cached version of the installation package. With that said, you may skip this step if you would like.

Comment

shutson,

We recommend this step to ensure that you are not loading a cached version of the installation package. With that said, you may skip this step if you would like.
                            Just did the uninstall/reinstall and I'm getting the same Version # error message

Comment

shutson,

Did you uninstall/reinstall all versions of TradeStation as well, or only NinjaTrader?

Comment

shutson,

Did you uninstall/reinstall all versions of TradeStation as well, or only NinjaTrader?
                                I only had one version of Tradestation on this computer and yes, in uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post RubenCazorla  
                                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                                2 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post BarzTrading  
                                Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tkaboris  
                                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post VFI26
                                by VFI26