Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Will quick flip time frames ever be added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will quick flip time frames ever be added?

Will this basic feature ever be added? I'm currently forced to run an addition monitor just to run MT4 for this one feature. Having the ability to add or customize time-frames to your charts is essential. I'm kinda at a loss to why we don't have this yet. MT4, CNX, FXTrek all have it. Actually come to think of it, there isn't a single charting service that I'm aware of that doesn't have this. Heck even Oanda has had this feature forever.

Some simple features that would be nice to have for it:
    - Integrated into the chart (not a toolbar, wishful thinking but it would be awesome)
    - Ability to customize which Time-Frames are on it
    - Color Customization (everything else in NT is customizable color wise)

I understand that the toolbar allows this to a very limited extent. Except it has some useless time-frames (i.e. 2min, 3min, 10min) that could be used for more useful ones. Also when switching time-frames with it you lose your chart defaults to an extent, so if your running a 5min HA chart and want to cycle through 15min, 1hr, 4hr. Your HA will be removed once switching time-frames, so you have to manually re-apply it every time you switch.

Hi Ac1d27,

Thank you for your post.

With NinjaTrader 7 the ability to change time frames to any interval is available by quickly typing within the chart. If you refer to the following link you can see how that would work within the section on changing a data series.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that, another question. Why am I not able to see before 4-2009? Currently using Gain feed with NT historical data. So I go to larger TF's and my candles are just becoming more and more spaced out. Till I hit yearly then nothing even plots.

A side note, I just did the quick time frame switch via hot-keys. My HA was still removed and the chart reverted back to normal candles.
      Last edited by Ac1d27; 06-30-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Ac1d27,

The data comes from the NinjaTrader servers and is recorded from real-time data. This data is then included as an additional service to those using GAIN. As a result it will go back only so far, which in this case is 04-09, and it would be less if you are using tick based charts.

As for daily bar that is to be expected because historical daily data is not supported.

Also, can you please let me know if you are applying HA as an indicator, or a bar style. Also, please go to Help-->About and please let me know which version of NT7 you are using.

Comment

Currently using 64bit 7.0.0.15. I believe I'm using bar style HA. I set it under the data series. In the Period column I have it set to HeikenAshi as the Type.

Comment

Ac1d27,

Thank you for that clarification. We had some issues with HA bar style so in later versions we removed it and you can apply it as an indicator. To resolve that issue you will want to upgrade to the most current beta version 7.0.0.15 by going to Help-->Download Site.

When upgrading from .15 to .17 there are special steps that you will want to follow which are detailed from the download site.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes