Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selective exit strategies

Hi,

How do I set a type of exit order to apply to a specific type of entry order distinguished from other entry orders by either time of entry or type of entry? So if I program an entry to buy when the DMI hits a certain threshold during a certain time frame and another additional entry to buy when the price crosses the lower Bollinger band during either the same time frame or a different time frame, how do I program the exit to sell the DMI entry when it reaches a certain point, but not sell the Bollinger entry, and to sell the Bollinger entry strategy when it reaches a certain point but not the DMI entry? Is there a way to set the exit based on WHEN the entry bought (so that if I place each entry strategy to enter in a different time span, the exit would be specific to it)? Or is there even a way to selectively assign the type of 'exit long position' to the specific type of 'enter long position' even if they are both open at the same time?

Thank you.

EDIT: Ok I think I got it. It's like what you said about signal name to distinguish between orders , I could assign the exit to the entry based on the signal name.
    Last edited by werido; 07-01-2010, 12:50 AM.

werido, exactly the signal names would tie entry and exit together if needed -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes