Slow or no update at all for indicator only in one or two instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow or no update at all for indicator only in one or two instruments

I put an indicator in the market analyzer to ensure that NT collects ticks for the instruments I'm using, but strangely the indicator isn't updated or was really slow to update for $EURJPY and $GBPJPY.

When I first loaded up the instruments into the market analyzer yesterday and set up the ATR(21) column for the 1 min and the 60 min time frame, I thought it would be shown instantly, but it was really slow. Most of them started showing the correct values after 10 mins, but a couple only worked after running all night and 2 are still not updating.

Attached screenshot.

This InteractiveBrokers feed on NT7-beta17.

Thanks

[EDIT: just have to point out that the values of 4.08 or whatever are completely wrong, as were all the numbers that were first shown, but which get replaced with correct data as it updates]
    Attached Files

Hello adamus,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader do you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader. Also can you please confirm within your indicator properties you have "Calculate on Bar Close" set to False.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

that information was already in my first question.

Anyway in the meantime I have upgraded to NT7 beta 18 and the issue occurs still, exactly as described in my first post in this thread.

Comment

Please confirm you have IB TWS 906 installed at this time. If you do not please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

If the issue persists please look in the lowere right hand corner of your Control Center and let me know if any instruments are showing as Loading for an extended period of time.

Comment

I have IB TWS 900 installed. When did NinjaTrader change over to 906? I didn't see an announcement, I was never saw any info about where and when upgrades would against IB TWS would be made and announced, and there was nothing in the beta18 release notes pointing it out.

You guys really have to communicate this stuff better. Such a basic procedure should be in place and not having it could have cost me (and others) thousands or worse for bigger traders. Fortunately it didn't but I hope you get the point! If you could escalate this up to the developers and release managers I would be grateful.

PS I'll upgrade IB TWS tonight at 22:15 GMT+0 when it's quiet and let you know what the result is.

Comment

I do not believe there was an pop up message available for the new version being supported however I will forward this to our development team.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Christopher, thanks for taking it into consideration but I also have an issue with the pop-ups. If I install the next beta version, and I get a pop-up telling me that something is now different, then I have already lost the option not to do the upgrade because the NT7beta installation process doesn't allow downgrading. e.g. the pop-up on beta18 for Zen Fire users. If I was a Zen Fire user I can imagine I would be seriously annoyed by that.

You must make all the announcements in the release notes ahead of the download.

Comment

Hi Christopher,

the issue persists.

NT connected last night at 22:30 and still hasn't updated the indicators in some of the instruments in the Market Analyzer.

Comment

Can you please look in the lower left hand corner of the Control Center and let me know if there as an instrument attempting to load that is not updating.

Also can you please confirm you are receive real time data for these instruments within the Orders tab of the Control Center at this time.

Comment

No, there is no data attempting to load. At the moment it has a status message "Exporting data...." which should have been removed 3 hours ago after I successfully exported some tickdata from the HDM. You could log that as a bug too.

I can confirm that I receive real time data, the updates do show in the Orders tab of the CC. In fact I have real time data for all the symbols currently showing in the Market Analyzer.

Comment

I would like to schedule a call with you today to assist with resolving the issue by remotely logging into your PC.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                      1.) A link to this forum thread.
                      2.) The best phone number to reach you at.
                      3.) The time you will be avilable

Comment

There are connection problems with IB build 906. I have contacted their support who are currently trying to fob me off that it must be my ISP. In the meantime I have downgraded to build 900 which has only a tenth of the connection issues.

Comment

Just for the record, I upgraded java from 1.6.0_16 to 1.6.0_21 and re-upgraded to IB build 906 and the connection issues have gone.

Comment

Hi adamus,

Thank you for sharing that information regarding the resolution of the connection issue you were experiencing with IB's TWS 906.
                            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DynamicTest  
                            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes