Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt slows my computer down

Hi NT Forum.

The last 1-2 week I have had the problem that the NT application is slowing the hole PC down. I start NT at approx. 08:00 in the morning and 8-12 hours later the PC is slowing down and NT is also slowing down in responce.

I only have 2 charts open and gas recude the look back time to 2 days on these two 2 minuttes charts.

Any advice or suggestions?

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael Larsen,

Thank you for your post.

Are you getting any specific errors?

To ensure NinjaTrader is working optimally, implement the tips detailed here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformanceTips1

Also, have you tried NinjaTrader 7? There are significant performance enhancements implemented, and the public beta version is currently available. More info and download at - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Thank for your reply.

No, no Error messages, the PC first becomes slow, like if I want to open "Proporties" for the Chart it might take a minutte or so. - Finaly I can not get in contact with NT and get a "Not Responsing Program" from Microsoft, so you could say the is a error message but not from NT.

I follow the most of you Performance recommandation apart from letting the indicators updating continously, but i have only 2 chart running 2 minuttes with total of 4 indicators per chart and has limit the look back to 2 days.

If I close and restart NT it work better, but this really ignoring as I am a live trader.

Best regards

Michael

Best

Comment

Hi again,

Regarding NT 7 since this is a Beta version I am a bit reluctent to use it. In my understanding BETA is a version not fully tested, and as mentiones I am a live short term trader so I dont want to risk my money testing NT product, sorry if I have misunderstood the BETA concept.

Best regards

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael Larsen,

Yes, beta implies it is still in testing, NinjaTrader 7 is in it's 18th iteration of beta testing, and many issues have been identified and resolved. You can trade live with NinjaTrader 7, however we would like to remind you that it still beta software and as such, there is a higher risk of unexpected situations that can arise that can adversely effect your ability to manage orders and open positions. If you trade live, please do so conservatively and with caution.
          TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
          1 response
          0 likes