Bad data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad data?

Here is a comparison picture with a NT7b17 chart (bottom) and a 6.5b16 chart (top). Both charts get their data from Zen-Fire and are set to 15 min interval, 30 days back. Notice in the middle area the difference in the highs. I took these shots last night but a look at them just now shows no change. Which one is correct?

Dan

Edit: 5:04 PM ET - Zen-Fire connections are going crazy here. NT6.5 loses it, then NT7, Then both back for a bit. Then only one loses connection, back then the other, then both. My internet connection is not affected. Are there problems with the servers right now?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eDanny; 07-01-2010, 02:58 PM.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Hello,

Currently there are two data servers. One for 6.5 and one for 7.0. The 7 servers a more reliable then the 6.5 servers due to them not going down and not recording data. Therefor this would account for the small differences you are seeing here.

Zenfire historical data is recorded by us as a complimentary service for zenfire users since they only provide a live feed. Since this is provided free of charge we do not have the resources to go back and check and edit / scrub data to insure it is 100 percent correct. If you need 100 percent correct data you will need to subscribe to a paid data server at this time.

I have included information below on how to obtain discounted rates and free trials from the following datafeed providers.
    Barchart.com (subscriptions starting at $45/monthly):

IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users.

eSignal promotional rate for NinjaTrader clients:

As far as the server issues, I saw the same on Zenfire I believe they are resetting there servers after the market close.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

OK, server resetting explains the outages but as far as the data difference goes there was a huge discrepancy, not just a little difference.
      eDanny

Comment

Hello,

We are seeing some Zenfire connectivity issues on zenfire currently FYI.

Also on further review of your images it looks like your not using the same session templates. This would account for the differences. Please use the same session templates on both 6.5 and 7.

Comment

I know it looks that way but both are 24/7, it was the first thing I checked.

Dan
          eDanny

Comment

Hi Dan,

Please open new charts in a new workspace using a chart template setting of '<none>' and the default 24/7 session template.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses