More Feed Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Feed Problem

Sorry for the trouble again. but i'm having some more charting problems still.

So i switched from my previous data feeder to the new feeder.

Problems i had with the previous data feed was slow range chart loading. My new chart provider is faster. I was worried my time and sales from the previous feed was laggy, since i couldn't determine if they were indeed timely.

So my "new" data feed is still giving me some problems i haven't experience before.

I try to load 90 days of 30 range charts, but on most of my charts, the start date shown was 20++ June 2010.

i tried a reset of my DB and it didn't fix the problem.

Any idea?

Hi pehon,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which data provider you are using, as well as the instruments you are viewing in the chart.

Also, in general, we would advise against loading that many days of historical tick due to the granular nature of tick data, and the time it would take to get that many data points into a chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah i'm using esignal.

Tried on 6a 09-10, cl 08-10, 6e 09-10, gc 08-10, es09-10

Yeah the thing is when i "formate data series" or "reload historical data" the pop up usually comes up and start loading data from way back from april as well. No error message, seemed to went on fine, but nothing is shown on the charts.

When i load time series charts, it works fine.

Comment

pehon,

When I pull up data for those front months my data goes back to about that time due to the change of the contract date. What you can do is open a chart with the front month defined as ##-## to represent a continuous contract.

Or you will want to create a chart for the previous front months and merge the data into the current front month.

Comment

Sorry can you elaborate that xx-xx thing a little with an example?

If what i think you mean is correct, I thought of that but reasoned thats not the reason cos of the following reasons

1. On bar chart.com I was able to load 90 days of 30 range data. Only problem I had as with es. But the rest were good.

2. I loaded the 30 min chart 90 days back and it gave good data 90 days back.

Can you logic this out for me?

Comment

pehon,

Since those contracts you mentioned have front months the data from previous front months, such 06-10 are not included within the 09-10 front month, and so on.

As a result of this eSignal offers data for continuous contracts, which merges the data from all front months into a symbol, and this allows you to view larger amounts of data rather than just the current front month.

If you go to Tools-->Instrument Manager you can find the symbol you would like to view and then change the expiry to the ##-## option for the continuous contract to see the 90 days worth of tick data.

Comment

Sorry still have trouble loading charts for previous contracts. Example, was trying to load 6a 06-10 and i get blank charts. selected dates 4-1-10 till 6-1-10, 5-20-10 till 5-30-10.

Thanks for the help

Comment

And sorry forgot to mentioned i loaded 6a ##-## and tried loading 90 days and 120 days back and all i see is data for 21 june onwards. looks the same as the normal contract
                Last edited by pehon; 07-04-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Hello pehon,

Can you please verify with the data feed vendor if you should be able to access such data using you subscription.

If so and the issue remains, please send your eSignal login credentials to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

That way I can test the connection on my end.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

this issue is resolved. Esignal only provides 10 days of tick data to its users.

Just for your info if you're reading this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    15 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB