Channel tool - new feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel tool - new feature request

New NT user here. My biggest, immediate shock is that there is no channel drawing tool! I have searched the forum, and found many people asking for it for years, and there has been no response/development on this front. How on Earth is that possible? This is the most basic drawing tool, I have never seen another charting package without it. Yes, I know about the awkward work-around of copy-pasting lines, but that is *not* a channel, that is two separate draw objects. Any change to what only *looks like* a channel, like changing the colour, must be done 2x, ouch!

I have also read a moderator's response, in which he basically stated he did not know what it is, how it should work.

Please, check pretty much any Java charting package, but Prophet's implementation is certainly good enough. It takes 3 consecutive clicks of the mouse to draw a channel, i.e. two parallel lines treated as one logical object. First two clicks draw the first line, and immediately following the second click, a second, parallel line appears right below the cursor, which keeps following the cursor until the user clicks the 3rd time, when the parallel line sticks. It should take no more than a second to draw an arbitrary channel with 3 clicks at an arbitrary position on the chart.

It is incomprehensible that this simple task has been shunned by the development team for so long.

Geo

Geo, welcome to our forums and NinjaTrader - thanks for the input and feedback provided, adding such a tool is already on our list for future consideration.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, has there been any progress on this front? Thank you.

Geo

Comment

Hi geoninja,

Development's main focus currently is the release of NinjaTrader 7. This is on our list of items to revisit in the future however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've found a relatively quick and easy way to draw custom channels and created a thread for it. I think it'll allow you to do what you're looking to do and then some. Hope it helps:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Skifree
          by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view