Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID in Cloud Computing, and 3rd Party Licenses

Hello,

I am considering moving my trading platform from a dedicated server to a cloud server.

Exceeding the standards. Our public cloud servers were designed specifically to offer the best customerexperience possible, while helping your company maximize the value of your IT investment. Contact us Exceeding the standards. Our public cloud servers were designed specifically to offer the best customer experience possible, while helping your company maximize the value of your […]

There are many advantages for me, not the least of which is a fail-safe execution to a new virtual server if the underlying hardware fails. Another advantage is that if I want to run another instance of my complete installation, cloning the entire OS, registry settings, and all the installed programs to the new VM is a snap. No rebuilding of the image to create a new machine.

I am wondering about how operating in a VM (virtual machine) environment is going to affect the Ninja Machine ID and thus an indicators or strategies, and Ninja itself.

Please advise,

Steve

clarification

some leased indicators or strategies use the machine id for licensing...

how is that going to work in a cloud environment?

Comment

It would still create a fingerprint then from the PC the software is installed on, would the hardware change often in your case?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't have experience with this yet and don't know how the cloud architecture works. So I don't know the answer. I thought perhaps you have dealt with this already.

Here is what I suppose:

The underlying machine has the potential to change at any time, depending on the load balancing of the Virtual Machine manager.

Plus, whenever a new instance of the VM is created, I imagine that the potential would increase that it would actually be run on a different machine.

Well, it looks like this is a future issue that Ninja and the add on software vendors may need to accomodate.

So, it may be better to find a different method of creating a license than to rely on the machine id.

Looks like I will be moving to this type of system soon and will be creating and destroying VMs as needs for testing arise. So, I guess I'll be an early adopter and expect there will be some issues to overcome.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - please let us know how your testing goes in this environment.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes