• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does ninjatrader simulator have OTC quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does ninjatrader simulator have OTC quotes?

Hey Guys,

I am new here, I have been learning day trading and have been using a virtual stock simulator. I am looking to start using ninja trader as I want to get to grips using a more professional trading platform and then later may want to either lease or purchase a license key. At the moment I trade on penny stocks on the OTC/BB and I use otcmarkets.com for free live quote data. I was wondering if the ninja trader has either live or delayed OTC quotes for it's simulator?

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

sopodo, welcome to our forums sopodo - unfortunately I'm not aware of a free realtime datafeed for those markets to drive your simulator. As potential connectivity options we offer those providerrs listed here -

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

For free end of day equities data, you could check out our Yahoo connection option -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_Yahoo.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Many thanks for your reply

I know that www.otcmarkets.com offers free real time quotes and charts for OTC/BB and pink sheets. Can this be integrated with ninja just like how google and yahoo finance can be? (yahoo and google offer free real time quotes for nasdaq, amex and nyse and 15-20 minute delayed quotes for pink sheets and OTC/BB)

One other thing, I went to download ninja but am having a little trouble. It asks me to enter in my broker. I don't currently have a broker. It then asks me that I will use my own content provider which I don't currently have or choose to opt in for a 2 week free trial which again at this point I am not interested in. So what should I do in order to download this software?

Does ninja simulator offer free delayed quotes and for which exchanges, I am after nasdaq, nyse, amex, pink sheets and OTC/BB?

Lastly, does the ninja simulator allow me to day and swing trade with virtual cash, setting in broker commission fees and trading in forex, stocks, futures and making spread bets and option trades?

If you can please answer my questions

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
      Last edited by sopodo; 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

sopodo, unfortunately we don't support connecting to the broker you mentioned.

To download: if you do not have a broker currently, this is ok, just enter for example 'none' - if you don't want a trial, please check the first option for connectivity and then use for example our free Yahoo / Gain - Forex.com options as potential feeds to evaluate NinjaTrader.

Unfortunately we do not offer free realtime or delayed data in NinjaTrader.

You can use our simulator with a virtual set Sim101 account in NinjaTrader, which will also reflect your setup commissions, however spread bets and option products are not supported at this time.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, Many thanks for all your help, I will give this ninja trader a try. Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Janfor, Today, 10:19 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Janfor
          by Janfor

Started by Brian F, Today, 10:00 AM
          0 responses