Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Does ninjatrader simulator have OTC quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does ninjatrader simulator have OTC quotes?

Hey Guys,

I am new here, I have been learning day trading and have been using a virtual stock simulator. I am looking to start using ninja trader as I want to get to grips using a more professional trading platform and then later may want to either lease or purchase a license key. At the moment I trade on penny stocks on the OTC/BB and I use otcmarkets.com for free live quote data. I was wondering if the ninja trader has either live or delayed OTC quotes for it's simulator?

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

sopodo, welcome to our forums sopodo - unfortunately I'm not aware of a free realtime datafeed for those markets to drive your simulator. As potential connectivity options we offer those providerrs listed here -

For free end of day equities data, you could check out our Yahoo connection option -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Many thanks for your reply

I know that www.otcmarkets.com offers free real time quotes and charts for OTC/BB and pink sheets. Can this be integrated with ninja just like how google and yahoo finance can be? (yahoo and google offer free real time quotes for nasdaq, amex and nyse and 15-20 minute delayed quotes for pink sheets and OTC/BB)

One other thing, I went to download ninja but am having a little trouble. It asks me to enter in my broker. I don't currently have a broker. It then asks me that I will use my own content provider which I don't currently have or choose to opt in for a 2 week free trial which again at this point I am not interested in. So what should I do in order to download this software?

Does ninja simulator offer free delayed quotes and for which exchanges, I am after nasdaq, nyse, amex, pink sheets and OTC/BB?

Lastly, does the ninja simulator allow me to day and swing trade with virtual cash, setting in broker commission fees and trading in forex, stocks, futures and making spread bets and option trades?

If you can please answer my questions

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
      Last edited by sopodo; 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

sopodo, unfortunately we don't support connecting to the broker you mentioned.

To download: if you do not have a broker currently, this is ok, just enter for example 'none' - if you don't want a trial, please check the first option for connectivity and then use for example our free Yahoo / Gain - Forex.com options as potential feeds to evaluate NinjaTrader.

Unfortunately we do not offer free realtime or delayed data in NinjaTrader.

You can use our simulator with a virtual set Sim101 account in NinjaTrader, which will also reflect your setup commissions, however spread bets and option products are not supported at this time.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, Many thanks for all your help, I will give this ninja trader a try. Thanks again

Comment

Hi,

I have NT active for about a week and it's pretty awesome. What data connectors should be configured to support forex OTC. What kind of account or access do I need to have to allow live charting within NT with new, incoming tick data.

Comment

Hello ProtonFX,

Please note that the NinjaTrader 8 platform is not a data feed provider itself. You will need to connect to a supported broker/data feed to receive market data. See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which shows supported providers and what data they support.

The matrix shows 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Continuum and FXCM. The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at the broker. They provide data in NinjaTrader and allow you to trade your account at your broker. The 'data feeds only' will just provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information.

You can apply for a free demo connection at the link below. It provides realtime and historical data for futures or forex depending on the Asset Class setting.
              NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Market data services start as low as $69 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree
              by Skifree

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
              3 responses