X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Chart Data

Hello,

I'm using NT 7.0.0.18

When I want to see a chart data for any instrument I get all the data moved by one day.

For example:

The data for the 06/29/2010 shows on 06/30/2010 ...and so on. And for the last trading day....I see the bar on the chart on "tomorrow"... Sometimes I see data on Saturdays for example.

Now..the strange thing is that when I go to edit the instrument on historical data I see everything all right, the data is where is should be and with all the dates OK.

I tried deleting the instrument, repairing the DB, etc..and nothing seems to work.

Any idea how can I solve this?

Thanks!

Hello yakito,

Can you please tell me what time zone is used as per your PC clock and what instruments you have selected in the charts.

Please set your PC clock to the same time zone as the exchange where the instruments are traded, while NinjaTrader is closed. Subsequently start NinjaTrader and create new charts - check if the issue remains.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the quick answer. Although I think is must have to do with the issue you pointed out (I been traveling all around the world for the last weeks and my computer clock kept adjusting to the new timezone) I set the clock to the timezone of the place I am right now (Buenos Aires) and when I test the instruments for Argentina using Yahoo Feed (BMA.BA, MIRG.BA) I keep seeing data on the 3rd of July which was a Saturday, and the data for today is on the 6th, which is tomorrow.

Is there any setting in NT to set the timezone? I found something on Tools->Session Manager...but it didn't work either.

Any idea?
      Thanks Again

Comment

Hello yakito,

Unfortunately there is no such setting within the software.

Can you please try a reboot of your PC and check if this will make a difference.

In addition, could you perhaps post a screenshot of one of the charts.

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks again, unfortunately it didn't work after reboot. I am attaching an image showing you the historical data manager for the BMA.BA instrument (which shows the last available date is on the 2nd) and the chart which displays data on the 3rd (which was last saturday)

I am sure it has to do with what you are saying, but I can find the solution yet.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello yakito,

I tested it on my end this morning, but I cannot reproduce this behavior, see screenshot.

My PC clock is set to US Mountain time. Can you please check the time zone as per your PC clock once more while NinjaTrader is closed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jason, thanks a lot! It is working now.

This is what I did. I changed the timezone of my PC to the same timezone you have (US Mountain Time, although I am GMT -3 right now) and then I changed the clock of my PC to the real time here and it is working right now!

I am not sure if having a different timezone will have a negative effect of my other stuff (emails, calendar, etc) but for now, NT is working fine like this.

THanks a LOT for your time.

Comment

Hello yakito,

Great to hear it works and thank you for reporting back.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post JonesJoker  
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                12 responses