Ideal and IdealPro in IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal and IdealPro in IB

My general question is how to trade both Ideal and IdealPro with IB. Specifically, i have 2 "shares" in GBPUSD, obviously too small to execute with IdealPro. Based on a previous thread I created two new GBPUSD instruments, one with IBIdeal and the other with IBIdealPro. When the chart was viewed the 2 shares showed up on the chart for IdealPro, but not on the chart for Ideal or the original chart with Default checked. After deleting the IdealPro one it still did not show on the other two. I had to delete Ideal and IdealPro to once more see the shares on the Default instrument. My question is, if the 2 shares only show on the IdealPro instrument (originally bought via TWS, not NT) then how can I trade on the Ideal instrument. Second, is there a way to have a position in GBPUSD show up and have the ability to choose either exchange at will for trading?

Hello JKrider,

Thank you for your post.

1.) This will be a matter of re-adding the instrument to your default list with only the wanted exchange enabled.

2.) No, unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available currently. I will forward this enhancement request on to my development team, however.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes