Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Feature for Chart Trader! :-)

Dear Ninja Trader Support:
    I have been having some serious problems with the position sizing feature in Ninja Trader Chart Trader feature!! When I go to change the number of futures contract in Chart Trader I keep missing the very very small arrows and sometimes pressing the up one when I meant to press down..

My system will requires a dynamic position sizing because some trades in the system are lower probability than others or higher 'risk' ( more pips/ticks in the stop loss ) so the only way for me to take those trades and not risk a massive part of my account is to sometimes put in as low as one contract. So sometimes I have 5 contracts, sometimes 3, sometimes 1 on the low end. Other trades can be higher amounts. But I cannot change those numbers no where near as fast with the little arrows in the Chart Trader!

That is why I LOVE the Infinity brokers Static DOM which has these 5 little customizable buttons that allow us to put in an order really really fast with our preset position sizes!

I know many traders that have gone with Esignal and InfinityAT just for that DOM. In fact the only thing that Infinity has is that DOM really...

I would love for Chart Trader to have that feature so that I wouldn't have to go anywhere or have two programs running at the same time and have to have 2 accounts to have Ninja Trader and InfinityDOM. One account so that I can get the ZenFire Pricefeed and another to get the Infinity DOM.

Also it would make it much much more fair for the free licence users to use NT with a broker that will pay for the licence like DORMAN, LLC and they can have the proper position sizing buttons as well...

Adding that small feature to Chart Trader would make Chart Trader the ultimate Futures Chart Trading tool with the awesome customizable indicators/programs that I have running on mine!!

I have included a picture I made with Microsoft Paint of what I mean exactly by this!
    Please take a look and let me know if it can be done.

Or can a programmer do something like this for me specifically even if I payed him....? Can you let me know of that as well?

Thank you very much!!
    Omar Ignacio
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gold82; 07-06-2010, 11:48 PM.

Omar, thanks for taking the time to submit this detailed feedback - I'll make sure to forward it to our product management for future consideration.

Unfortunately adding your own customized position size quick buttons is not supported.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Omar, thanks for taking the time to submit this detailed feedback - I'll make sure to forward it to our product management for future consideration.

Unfortunately adding your own customized position size quick buttons is not supported.
      I second that request for buttons. It would make things so much better..

Comment

Ok.. Thank you Bertrand.

I just really like Ninja Trader and the Community and would like the best for it!

Also it would finish making Ninja Trader Perfect.

Position Sizing IS the secret in the markets you know. It is extremely important.

Gold82

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post itrader46  
        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
        0 responses
        1 view