Indicator text coloring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator text coloring

I have a chart with 2 EMA indicators, but I'd like to make the text that displays on the upper portion of the chart to be a different color then black.

I'm trying to make the text that shows up such as EMA 10 from the indicator property to be the same color as the line.

Is there a way to do this ? I've been searching around and haven't seen any way to do this.

Thanks

Frnak

Hello frankycjr,

Thank you for your post.

The default text that displays in the upper portion of the chart is fixed. If you would like to have this information displayed in another custom color it could be accomplished but custom programming in NinjaScript would be required. Let me know if you would like more info on NinjaScript.

As an alternative, the Data Box feature automatically matches the color plots of the indicators. See the included screenshot

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm interested in the ninja script, as I'm trying to keep the chart as uncluttered as possible.

Thank You for both suggestions.

Frank

Comment

Hello frankycjr,

As per your request, I have included some introductory information about NinjaScript as well as some resource links to help you get started.

NinjaScript is NinjaTrader's extension to the powerful Microsoft C# language. In addition to the core functionality of C# and the Microsoft .NET framework we have added features designed for the rapid implementation of custom indicators, automated trading systems and custom drawing.

This link will take you to the NinjaScript section of our Help Guide:

Please feel free to join any of our Free educational webinars. You may be especially interested in one entitled “Automated Strategy Development I” – here is the detail:

If you ever have an indicator or strategy idea that is more complex, you can check out this link for a list of NinjaScript consultants.

You can also register for our Free Support Forum. There is a large community of programmers & traders that you can share ideas with & ask questions. Just follow this link:

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post terofs
        by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses