Loading Default Instruments on Chart Quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Default Instruments on Chart Quickly

Is there a shortcut key to move from one chart to the next one saved on the Default Instrument list?

I would like to quickly toggle the charts without having to click on each one.... since I have 30 instruments i loose track of which one comes next...

Please advise if there is a way to toggle from one chart to the next with a shortcut key

Thanks

PEDRO

Hello Pedro,

There is no shortcut to move from within the default instrument list. You can type the ticker (ex: MSFT or ES 09-10) from a chart and it will load that chart.

What you may consider doing is setting up a market analyzer, adding instruments and then linking this window to a chart. See below for instructions on setting this up.

Create a new market analyzer through File > New Market Analyzer

Adding instruments to the market analyzer.

Chart, SuperDOM and Basic Entry windows all have link buttons in the top right hand corner. Any window that is linked by color (each link button is set to the same color) will receive the same change of instrument request. That means, change an instrument in one window and the instrument in all linked windows will also change.

You can click on an instrument in the linked market analyzer window and it will change that instrument for the charts as well.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-07-2010, 09:46 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow!

That was a great idea.... your solution is even better than I had hoped!

Great suggestion

Thank you very much

PEDRO

Comment

Glad to hear, Pedro. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I've been looking around the forums today to try and find a workaround for the Default instrument list limitation. Will give this a shot when I'm back at my NT workstation.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the next software update. Seems like it would be to implement either a menu item inside the pulldown listing, as well as an import export or copy function to the Instrument Manager window.

Howitzer

Comment

This trick of using a Market Analyzer with linked Charts works pretty good as a workaround! I was able to switch between the 30+ Instruments without having to resort to rebuilding a new Default list every time I want to use a new user-defined list.

Hopefully the issue of the pulldown lists will still be addressed in the future, to help streamline the interface, and interactions with the Instruments.

Comment

Hi Howitzer,

Thanks for the post. This suggestion has been submitted and accepted for consideration for a future NinjaTrader release by our product development team. We will be tracking this suggestion using ID #502 in our system

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
              1 response
              0 likes