X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SampleAtmStrategy

ATM Strategy Errors
    Hello !

Attached is a modified version of "SampleAtmStrategy" from NT. I've added a short side also.

The two errors I keep getting are PHP Code:
    "GetAtmStrategyEntryOrderStatus() method error: Missing orderId parameter"

and PHP Code:
    "AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() method error: OrderName " is invalid"

I even tried commenting out the lines 152-155 and 169-172 to try to isolate the problem to no avail.

Any help you can offer, please do.

Best Regards,
    Kirk
    Attached Files

Kirk, for the first error please print the orderId's assigned and used to see where an invalid one would be used - for the second error you need to refer to a specifc OrderName like in the sample to change the stop or target value (i.e. first stop 1 called "STOP1", second target "TARGET2").

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, if I understand right, these are somehow HardCoded?

I tried using STOP1L and STOP1S and even added variables for string assignment but it still comes up as "invalid". Only when I use STOP1 will it work... Not sure why?

Code:
      [FONT=Verdana]AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget([COLOR=#0000ff]double[/COLOR] [I]limitPrice[/I], [COLOR=#0000ff]double[/COLOR] [I]stopPrice[/I], [COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR] [I]orderName[/I],[COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR][I] AtmStrategyId[/I])[/FONT]
      Why does the sample in the help guide have "0" for the "limitPrice". Since this returns true if the order is found, please provide a better sample or explanation.

Also, what would the syntax be for modifying more than 1 contract? Is STOP1 for the first contract and STOP2 is for the other (second) contract that is still part of the original order? I see both names popping up in the log files.

Thanks,

Kirk
      Last edited by zeller4; 07-08-2010, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Kirk, correct you access the hardcoded names in your ATM template, STOP1 is the first target stop, STOP2 the second one and so on, same goes for TARGET1, TARGET 2 etc.

The example in the helpguide changes the STOP1 order to the SMA value, there's no limit order at play as auch it's just 0.

Comment

STOP1 vs TARGET1

Just making sure I have this right:

assume I have a ATM strategy that enters 3 long trades-each with the same stop loss but with three different profit Targets...would the proper syntax for changing these be:

To change the stoploss:

AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget(0, Low[0] - 3 * TickSize, "STOP1", atmStrategyId);

(would there be 3 stops, one for each corresponding profit target?--> if yes, then I'd use STOP1, STOP2, STOP3?

to change one or all 3 of the profit targets, would I use this?:

AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget(0, BE_Price, "TARGET1", atmStrategyId);

and again for TARGET2 and again for TARGET3?

where break even price is entry price for each order....

One last question...I assume we can only have 3 profit targets for one order? like we can in ATM mode?
          Jim-Boulder
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Correct, this relates to which ATM strategy template you're using in the AtmStrategyCreate() call, if you use one that offer 3 different targets, please refer to each Stop and Target by STOP1, STOP2, STOP3 or TARGET1, TARGET2, TARGET3.

The maximum would be 3 individual targets, same as the ATM templates would offer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes