Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent results

Hello,
    I'm using NT 6.5 with InteractiveBrokers and I developped a Indicator that in summary is detecting a Moving average crossover.
    When it happens, I'm assign a value to Plot0 and at same time an arrow appears on the screen if it is included in a chart (with test purposes).
    The questions is that sometimes, the color condition change in the Market analyzer, without have the condition. (In the chart the arrow doesn't appears as expected)
    Investigating I created the same column in 2 Market analyzers with exactly the same parameters ( lockback bars, calculate on close,... etc) and surprisingly in one of them change the color conditions and in the other one no.
    It happens with different instruments,... any idea? Isn't allowed to have 2 Market analyzers? there is any limit about the calculations that a indicator could have?
    Thanks in advance for your help

Hi domenech,

This is not expected behavior, if you provide the indicator and all the necessary steps to reproduce, I'd be happy to test this on my end as well.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Indicator

Hi Tim,
      Thanks for your quick answer.
      Attached my exported indicator. As you can see on it, I'm looking back few bars to detect the past Highs and Lows,... as it was not possible to use ...While... or For sentences (I receivea error message) I'm using a "manual" method loking back x bars.
      As the error appears erratic, I will try to reinstall NT and found a specific error to show you.
      At the moment, the most surprising problem is:
      If I include this indicator in a column in the Market Analyzer, and I save it, (Template, Workspace etc.) when I restart Ninja, the other indicators are here but MyCS Indicator has dissapeared.
      You can check it and maybe this explain something.
      Regards
      Domenech
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi domenech,

In your "Properties" region of the code for MYCS2, you have public properties that get, and return the the values to a plot. Those plots, Plot1, Plot2, Plot3, have been commented out in the Initialize() section. The public property code blocks need to be commented out in Properties as well.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Probably solved!

Thnaks Tim!.
          It runs better now. I will check the rest of the issues but I think that all of them have the same origin,.... If needed I will contact you later
          Many Thanks again
          Domenech

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses