Chart doesn't auto scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart doesn't auto scale

1.) I'm running a 5000 volume chart with the Heiken Ashi indicator. Occasionally the chart will not auto scale. For instance when I returned from lunch, the top part of the scale was missing, and there was no way to get it to show up. Resizing the candlesticks didn't help. Auto scale is set to true.

2.) A different problem with Heiken Ashi; when I delete the indicator, I can't go back to the regular candlesticks. All my other indicators are there, but no candlesticks. I have to reload a template, or start a new chart. Which means I lose any drawings, pivots etc I've added.

Suggestions?

thanks, Bruce
    Santa Rosa, CA

Hello bppayne,

1) I'm not sure what you're seeing here. Can you send a screenshot of your chart so we can see how everything is setup and the particular issue you're seeing.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

2) I'm not able to reproduce this. Please try with a blank chart (no indicators) and let us know if you're seeing the same results.
    Apply indicator Heiken Ashi
    Draw some objects.
    Remove indicator from Right Click > Indicators screen.

Do you see your drawing objects still?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

auto scale

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bruce/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]Hi Ryan;

1.) When I have that problem with the autoscale again, I'll forward a screenshot to you. I don't have paint, but I'll figure something out. It doesn't do it every day, just often enough to be annoying. No chart for now.

2.) I have attached a jpeg of a chart showing the missing candlesticks. When I followed your directions, I had no problem switching back to regular candlesticks. The problem only shows up when I start with a template that has the HeikenAshi as one of the indicators. On the attached chart, I started with that template, added a few pivot lines, then deleted the Heiken Ashi. It should have reverted to the regular candlesticks. Chart attached.

-Bruce
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, keep us posted.

Regarding Heiken Ashi bars: The issue is likely with one of the additional indicators you have applied to your chart. I think you got the best work around for this which is switching templates. If you get a chance, please try to duplicate this on version 7 and let us know if you're running into the same.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These trades are on version 7 only.
          thanks for your quick replies!
          BP

Comment

Can you please tell me what exact version of NinjaTrader 7 you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 7.0.0.18 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Please let us know if the issue persists after this procedure.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              Can you please tell me what exact version of NinjaTrader 7 you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 7.0.0.18 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Please let us know if the issue persists after this procedure.
              Christopher, I have 7.0.0.17; I'll upgrade asap.
              thx, BP

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes