Amp & Spike brokers under multibroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp & Spike brokers under multibroker

I just upgraded to multi-broker for Amp (ZenFire) and Spike (Trading Technologies). I have no problem connecting to both brokers and am using a static DOM to trade S&P500 Minis. I have 2 questions:

1. Assume I open 2 static DOM's to trade the same instrument. In DOM #1 I select Amp as my account choice, and my quantity as 10. In DOM #2 I select Spike as my account choice, and my quantity as 20. I assume that is allowed - to send one order, buy or sell, for 10 to Amp from DOM 1 and a different order for 20, also either buy or sell, to Spike from DOM 2?

2. I create an Account Group with both Amp and Spike accounts in it. I call that Account Group "Futes 1". I open a static DOM with S&P 500 minis as the instrument of choice, with a quantity of 15. I select "Futes 1" as the account. I assume that whatever I do, buy or sell, trail, chase, etc. is sent as an identical order to both brokers. Is that correct?

I'd just like to confirm these 2 points before I go live tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hi,

1. Yes this is allowed.

2. Good question. If trading using an ATM strategy with a selected Accoungr Group, the entry order will be replicated across all accounts referenced inside the Account Group selected and associated ATM strategies will initiate. Subsequent modification or cancellation of the entry order and any generated stops/targets of the ATM strategy must be individually managed.

My suggestion is to do the following:

Have 2 DOM's (if you have 2 accounts in the account group)
    DOM1 set the Caption window display to show the account number.
    Select the Account Group. The DOM will now show you the primary account number in the DOM Caption window.
    Set DOM2 to the other account.
    Place your entry order in DOM1, you will then see the duplication in the DOM2.
    Manage the strategy of the primary account in DOM1 and the other account in DOM2.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray- Just one question on your reply to my second question: Do I need to do that if I am always going to manage both accounts the exact same way, for example, 4 tick stop loss, 5 tick profit target, chase limit of 1, chase active. Or, if I hit "Close" I assume it would close both accounts or if I hit Buy/Market it would buy both accounts. Does that make sense? Same order, same entry/exit strategy in both accounts all the time. Do I still need both DOM's ?

Are you saying that it is not "global" that if I moved the stop from 4 ticks to 3 ticks in the DOM with the account group "Futes 1" it would not do that for both accounts?

Comment

You need a DOM for each account you are trading.

Account Groups will *ONLY* replicate the submission of the entry order. Any further modification, cancellation of this order, or any order generated by the strategy must be individually managed by each DOM for each account. The CLOSE button will only close the position/strategy in the DOM where CLOSE is pressed.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM