Weird Anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Anomaly

Hi, downloaded NT 6.5.1000.16 to one of my computers yesterday. I run an older version on NT on another computer. I setup my basic charting parameters on a daily chart and when I loaded the chart, every Monday was being charted as just a flat line. Any ideas what is causing this?

As far as I can tell I have same parameters entered with the older verion of NT and I don't get this effect. Gain is my broker.

I have attached a screen shot. Every 6th bar is just a flat line.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello crazyhorse2393,

Thank you for your post.

Please delete your EURUSD hisorical data by disconnecting-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete-->Reconnect. Next please open a new chart with no template applied and let me know if the issue persists.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris,

I did that and it helped a little but still have some weird charting patterns. I've attached two jpegs. The eurusd3 is from the new version of NT with still current charting anomalies. eurusd4 is from the old verstion of NT. They are screen shots of the identical chart.

Also, I use an indicator that sends me an email when market conditions are correct. I've enabled SMTP but when I go to Tools -> Options -> Misc. -> Test and try to perform an email test I keep getting this error message: "Failed to send mail: Error connecting to server. www.ninjatrader-support2.com"
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please delete the historical data from the old version of NInjaTrader as well and let me know if the data then matches.

Unfortunately, the mail feature does not function for some users due to a variety of factors which are beyond our control. While we expect to correct this in future versions of the software, we ask that you continue to contact support as you are now for the time being.

Comment

Deleted historical data, reloaded, and same results as before. The newer version of NT seems suspect to me as there appear to be random bars thrown in there.

If the email function doesn't work, is that another way to be notified remotely when predetermined market conditions are met?

Comment

Please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Please perform these steps on both PCs.

Unfortunately the only option to be notified remotely is by email.

Comment

Turned off NT, synched clocks, deleted historical data, reloaded, same result.

If you look at the jpegs, the new version (white background) has three more bars, 71 in total than the old verson (black background) which only has 68. Somewhere the new version is picking up three extra bars (days).

On the daily chart what time of day does a new bar begin?

It is rather disappointing that NT has no solution for the email notifier. I was testing a custom indicator for a while that sent me emails when certain market conditions were met. I stopped using that indicator for several months, and now when I retried it, it doesn't work. Wish I hadn't wasted that money on code work.

Comment

Unfortunately I am unable to replicate the additional bars on my end. Please confirm you have setup your GAIN Capital/Forex.com connection to utilize NinjaTrader servers for Historical Data. To check this please use the steps I have provided below.
                • Disconnect
                • Control Center
                • Tools
                • Account Connections
                • Selet your GAIN connection
                • Change
                • Next
                • Historical Data-->Select Use NinjaTrader servers
                • Next
                • Next
                • Finish
                • Connect to your GAIN connection
                If the issue persists please rename your database.

To rename the DB:
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
                • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
                • Name it "OldNinjaTrader.MDB."
                • Then restart the software.

NijaTrader wil time stamp bars based off the close as apposed to the open.

I have provided a link below to our Support Forum that may help with the email issue you are experiencing.

Comment

Yes, I'm using NT for historical data/servers

Renamed the file, same result, went back to My Documents and saw that it just created a new file named ninjatrader.mdb next to the old one I renamed oldninjatrader.mdb. LOL, that's justice for you.

The link you sent me regarding the smtp is over a year old. Yahoo no longer offers that service for free, now $19.95/year and google requires ssl.

I actually downloaded NT7 a couple of days ago, but too many bugs. I had charts crashing and everything else.

Wow, what a long day and not much accomplished.

Comment

Hi crazyhorse2393,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                    1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
                    You will find the file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
                    Today's trace file will be named 'trace.20100709.txt'
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done, and thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sarafuenonly123