Refresh Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresh Chart

When I refresh my chart it the changes the composition of the bars on the chart. Question: how is it possible for me to trade with Chart Trader if I'm constantly needing to refresh my charts? If I didn't refresh I would be looking at incorrect data and therefore be making a faulty analysis.

Is there a solution to this problem or is there something that I'm doing incorrectly?

Hello d.allen101,

This is due to the way historical data is stored on your data providers server and which will cause bars to look differently after reloading historical data. Unfortuantely there is not an option around the way the historical data is loaded wthin NinjaTrader.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over why bars may look different after reloading historical data when compared to real time bars.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I'm using an independent data provider which is sending time stamped data there would be no need for me to periodically fresh my chat would there?

Should the difference between an independent data provider's quotes and a broker's quotes be VERY close in proximity e.g. ( broker XYZ quotes MSFT@100 and data provider ABC quotes [email protected])?

Comment

The only time data will be refreshed is if you change something within your chart such as the instrument, time interval, etc.

Yes real time the data should look the same however when reloading historical data it may vary due to how each of them store the data.

Comment

I re-read the link you sent and I'm clear now.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Comment

I need clarification, if the data provided by data vendor is time stamped why/how is it possible for the chart to look different if I were to refresh it (chart)?

Wouldn't my chart that's being created in real-time with data vendor provided time stamped data be "identical" to the historical data that's being pulled from the data vendors historical data base server if I refreshed?

Comment

This will depend on if they use any filtering or the process they use when the data is stored to the server as apposed to what you are seeing real time.

NinjaTrader does not change or alter any of the data and will display whatever that is being sent through the data providers API.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes