Login failed: Unable to login (10004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login failed: Unable to login (10004)

Getting this error message when trying to connect to zenfire with proper key, username and password that work correctly on several other computers that have windows xp and vista os.
    Laptop I want this to work on has both Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit (dual boot capable)

Tried the following to see what the problem may be exactly >>>while booted into the 32-bit vista OS<<<<<

-Disabled the firewall completely (all of them, windows and preinstalled norton...)
    -.net framework 2.0 already installed with ultimate version
    -reinstalled the application
    -Tried connected wirelessly and directly to the router

Just does not work on this laptop, If anyone had a similar problem or have a suggestion...please help...

Provided you applied correct settings and disabled firewalls, popup blockers etc. ... I would not know what could cause that,

Comment

It happened to be the date...wow...

Comment

I am on a Zenfire feed.
        I have been unable to log into NinjaTrader with either my live account or my demo account on 2 different computers.
        They are both running beta v6.509.
        One is on Vista one is on XP.
        Both computers had no problems logging in yesterday. I have only had the problem in the last 40 minutes.

I also have a 3rd computer that I permanently leave connected to a demo account and this computer is still working fine and receiving data as normal.
        When I try logging into either one of my other computers it just keeps coming up with Login error 10001 and then Login error 10004, this occurs if I try
        connecting to my live account or my demo account. I have tried rebooting everything but nothing has seemed to work.
        I have read this thread and other threads and so have adjusted / resynchronised my computer clock and this also had no effect.

I have no firewalls or security issues because I have them all turned off and they have always remained off and that is why I was able to log in yesterday,
        but I do not know why I can not log in today.

Any ideas on the cause of this issue?

Comment

Apparently ZenFire is down.

There are two other threads on this same outage:

and

Comment

There was an internet DNS server in the NY area that had an outage that disrupted some users ability to reach the Zen-Servers. I believe this is resolved as of this post.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also unable to login

I've just tried to connect to a Demo Mirus account and am getting the 'unable to login 10004' message.

Saw some posts suggesting that Zen-Fire is the problem. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Please try rebooting your machine and see if you're able to connect.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I posted the message then rebooted. Schoolboy error, should have tried the other way round!
                  working now, thanks

Comment

Just reboot your XP machine

Hey Guys....

So some of us guys never reboot our XP machines but the sad story is the longer the XP machine is up the more correpted the information gets on the inside of the machine.......

So reboots are a unfortunate but nessary requirement to keep are system running fast.....

Unfortunately the program info in Ninja Trader get messed up from time to time so a system reboot is needed......

For the record I have been running a Mac system and a PC side by side for other applications...... Let just say I haven't touch the mac a 16th as much as I have to screw with the PC to keep it happy.

Just my 2 Cents

-David

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                    3 responses