Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Commission Rates in Account Performance

Hi,

I just reinstalled NT 6.5 and forgot how to set the commission rates in the Account Performance tab. I'm with Mirus Futures and connect through Zen-Fire. When I tried doing it by the instructions in the help guide it didn't show the commissions. Will it show the commissions for trades today that were already made? Maybe that's the problem.
    I went to Tools>Options>Commissions>Futures-Zen-Fire and defined one commission level with commission of 2 and units 0 and minimum commission as 0 and also tried 2. Thanks.

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

Commissions will show up after your trade has been placed. If the commissions were not defined on older trades, they will not show up. All trades made after setting up your commissions will show up correctly in the account performance section.

Just to be sure you have everything setup correctly, I have included instructions on how to set up commissions.

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader. Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.
    Commission values are used in the following order:
    • From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
    • From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
    • No value is used since none have been defined

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:

Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for your help. I didn't have the 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' box checked and once I did it worked including the trades I had already made today. Thanks for all the detailed instructions. I'll get into it more as I have time. It is possible to define different commissions for different futures contracts out of Zen-Fire like one for CME futures and one for ICE futures, etc.?

Comment

Hello bce11,

Yes, that is possible.

You would need to set up the instruments to the exchange of your choice and then follow the 3rd set of instructions I posted above and repeat for each instrument. This will enable you to apply different commissions to specific instruments rather than a global commission setting.

Let me know if you need additional help getting that set up.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check into it as I have time. Thanks for all your help. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Glad to help! Do not hesitate to ask for additional assistance if anything should come up.

Have a great weekend yourself and happy trading!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post wzgy0920  
            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes