Licensing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing Question

I've opened a small account so that I can paper trade with a broker who can provide me with a Patsystems feed, which seems so far to be very fast, (no historical data), or a Zenfire feed, which includes at least some historical data, I'm told (haven't tested it yet). I was having a poor experience with BarChart, and it seems like the brokers have the fastest data feeds.

If I just want to chart and paper trade for several months, do I need a broker technology license for NT in order to use a broker feed? Or do I only need a license when I want to go live trading using NinjaTrader? And what are SuperDom Credits?

Thx, Tom

Hello,

The license key you got with the NT platform when you downloaded (starts with @SIM...) will allow for full functionality with any connectivity provider EXECPT live trading. Let me know if that does not answer your question.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

clarification please!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

The license key you got with the NT platform when you downloaded (starts with @SIM...) will allow for full functionality with any connectivity provider EXECPT live trading. Let me know if that does not answer your question.
      Hi Ben or Anyone,

Please bare with me for asking this here.

Please clarify and confirm what I wrote below is correct.

After funding say a Mirus account I will get a "limited" live version of Ninjatrader.
      This will give me limited functionality with live trading i.e. without ATM and ATI.

BUT: If I want to demo different third party indicators and demo superdom I still can do so
      on my "limited" live version of Ninjatrader as long as I change over to the Simulated
      account on my "limited" live version. (In other words full funtionality for testing
      strategies)

Thanks

chan

Comment

Hello 4xxxx,

Yes, you can change license keys from the one provided by the broker to a Sim license key.

You can test live trading functionality using the broker key and advanced features with the Sim key. If you'd like to use the advanced features to trade live then this requires a live license.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes