Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide second series

Hi guys

Is there a way to hide a panel on the chart, for example I want to see a 60minute RSI on my 3 minute chart, in order to do that I have to add the 60 minute time series first which defaults into panel 2. I then add my RSI, panel 3 and reference the new input series (60minute), however I do not have any need for the 60minute bar series cluttering up my chart so I just want to see my 3 minute chart along with the 60minute RSI.

Cheers
    Ross

Hello,

If I understand you, this is only possible in NT7:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry yes, i was talking about NT7, I'm asking if it is possible to hide the pane with the second data series so that my chart only contains the pane with my original data series and the pane that contains the indicator running off the second "hidden" series.

Ross

Comment

Hi Ross, you could move them to the same panel in NT7 and then set the colors of the 'hidden one' to transparent.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah i tried that one but it only hides the bar series itself not the pane, so you still have this empty pane on your chart, perhaps a future request for a visible/invisible option on each pane so that you can hide one that you are only interested in using the underlying series to map indicators to but not see on the chart, not critical though, for now I will just squash it down to the bottom as far as it can go.

I never really saw the value of multiple series on one chart until I figured out you can drop indicators from different timeframes onto your primary timeframe chart and they will display off the secondary series. That's really top stuff, I can't recall ever seeing any other charting platforms being able to do that. Really nice new feature. Seems fairly stable also which is good news.

Thanks again for the help.

Ross

Comment

You're welcome and thanks for the kind words, you can get rid of the empty panel, just put all DataSeries on the same Panel (under Visual, for example set all to 1 for your 3 series MultiSeries chart), then set the coloring for the 2 addes ones to transparent which will effectively hide them and the panel.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent. That does it. Cheers

Comment

I'm trying to do something similar but cannot get it to display properly.

I trade off of Range bars and want to display SMAs, Pivots, etc based off of 5 minute bars. When I add the minute data series to my chart it causes all my range bars to be spaced awkwardly.

I want to maintain the range bars as they normally look, but place indicators over them which are based on minute bars. Is this possible? I can program so if writing a custom indicator is the only way then please direct me where to get started.

Comment

shazzmoe,

You will need to custom program for your case because when you add a second series to a chart, the chart will be using non-equidistant bar spacing now.

Please see here for information on creating multi-series scripts: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes