Fridays data suddenly missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridays data suddenly missing...

Hi folks, was doing some early morning studying on es sept price data (too damn hot and sticky to sleep )

Now, when I log in...all Friday one minute data is a gap from 1am to close...leaving only the price on close at end of day.

Attempted several times to reload historical data, with no joy. I'm running the demo 6.5 package and still have plenty of time on the demo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Has it since fixed itself? If not, you may want to try deleting your historical data: tools>historical data>delete, then open a new chart.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben,

No the issue has not resolved itself. I deleted historical data and then tried a new chart, no joy.

I attempted to reload data, no joy.

Data gap still persists on time settings. Volume settings on the chart works fine, as do ticks, et al...but minute (and multi-minute) charting of data is absent.

Comment

Same here with Nina trader beta 7.0.0.18

All data on minute and hourly charts for Friday is suddenly gone. tick charts are ok.

Workaround?

Comment

All better now.

Thanks Fixers!

Comment

No, its not all better now.

Now, indicators are divorced from the data.

Comment

Hi John Dee,

Can you tell me which data provider you're using and provide me with the parameters you're using in those SMA's?
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Friday data fixed here too, (I think)

I was missing data from last Friday 7/9 also; reloading historical data on each chart did not help. I went to the Historical Data Manager (Control Center, Tools). hit reload. That seems to do the trick on my ES & ZB charts. I'm using zenfire as my data provider.

Comment

Hi bppayne,

Thank you for your post.

I appreciate you letting us know your solution as that would work for NinjaTrader 7.

However, if John Dee is using 6.5 can you please delete the data and then repair the database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
                  • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
                  • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                  • Select the "Misc" tab
                  • Press the "Repair DB" button
                  • Press the "OK" button

Once you repair the database please close your current workspace by going to File-->Workspaces-->Close and then within a new workspace open a new ES chart which should load available historical data.
                  Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem still persists. the emas are short time frames (less than 60 minutes, with longer than 60 minute displacements. They were properly linked to price and gave good signals before the issue...they are no longer linked to the price (float above or below it). this could only occur via a code change at your end.

the feed for the 6.5 demo is Collective 2, Dtn Esignal External OpenTick Provider2

And now, since the chart issues began, a very long ema based on one minute time frame changes readings from the day it is established. On the next day, going back to the same point...the vl ema is different than it was....which should never happen on tight one minute bars (hi/lo range in this case was .50) even given the fallacious excuses given in the 6.5 manual.

Now I know why folks have gone to the expense in using only data and porting it to their own pc's to wash the data.

Comment

Hello John Dee,

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
                      • Disconnect
                      • Tools
                      • Historical Data Manager
                      • Edit tab
                      • Select ES-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                      • Close NinjaTrader
                      • Documents
                      • NinjaTrader 7
                      • Open the db folder
                      • Open the cache folder
                      • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
                      • Open NinjaTrader
                      • Connect
                      • Open a new chart

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As I've already been quite clear in stating...the data issue is resolved.

The charting issue still remains, regardless of your inferences that the issue lies at my end. Have done both the db delete/reload and the cache purge. Neither fix the issue.

The issue lies in your coding or data output change undertaken on Monday, after I built my charts the first time last weekend.

Comment

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 7.0.0.18 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris...still dancing around the issue are we? typical.
                            My version is 6.5.1000.16, on a demo/trial basis.

Can I update to version 7 while on a trial basis and without a brokerage account?
                            Is version 7 any less buggy than this pos has proven to be?

And your system is now throwing an error code when I attempt to load a long ema on the minute chart (which it was easily handling before I might add). "Error plotting values to chart data box for indicator EMA. Please check the UnBarUpdate method. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index."

Well, I'm looking at ES data, not index data. No out of range condition exists and the size of the collection (10days of minute data) is adequate to plotting the indicator. And I'm not using any specialty code for an indicator, so don't know why the system wishes a change to the 'unupdatebar' method.

This is pathetic. A simple charting system that can't even run simple (if longer) EMA's? BTW, its not even correctly plotting a similar SMA anymore.

Tactic in play...give the potential customer the runaround and wait for his trial period to run out.

Comment

John,

This is Vince, manager in support.

You can use our software as long as you want to test. We don't have an expiry date. When you feel comfortable enough to go Live you can purchase a license, but until that time you can always use our software for free to paper trade.

You can download NinjaTrader 7 from our website as well, even when you're not a subscriber. Just keep in mind that this is still in Beta so it is possible you run into issues.

As for your issue, best is if you can send a note from within the software under Help--> Mail to support and then make sure Logs and Traces are attached. That way we can investigate the issue and see what exactly is going on. Please refer to this post when you send the email.

Let me know if you have an additional questions.

Vince
                              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
                              0 responses