Gettin bad filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin bad filled

I got a straddle script and i put two stop-orders 10 ticks below and above the current price, 5 seconds before a news announcement. but the things its always my orders never filled at the original price that its was placed. always 10-20 ticks away from the original price.

example. last friday in the canada news my order was placed at 0.9597 but was filled at 0.9620. that was like 20 ticks away from the original price.

WHAT I CAN DO TO GET BETTER FILLS?

You cant do anything this is why the market goes crazy at news time because all the big traders are trying to alter change move get out and get into positions for long term economic outlooks and portfolio hedging.
    They don't care if they get filled 10 ticks away they are not "Trading" the news they are adjusting.
    For the little guy you shouldn't be trading anywhere near it unless you are swing trading and have factored the news in.
    Look up stop and limit orders, they can fill you basically anywhere they like.

If this is OTC FX you are talking about and not exchange traded instruments then forget about it they can do whatever they like to your order you don't have any recourse at all.

Comment

The price at the exchange has moved before it even shows on your screen.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123