Spi Continuous data symbol ? problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spi Continuous data symbol ? problem?

I am wondering how you can get esignal data for the spi to be continuous in Ninja 6.5 is there a specific symbol or is there another solution.I have the current spi contract showing in ninja and I can run continuous spi data in esignals platform under the symbol APS 1!-SFE .I have tried numerous combinations of symbols with no luck any assistance would be appreciated.

waza1960, can you please try using the ##-## expiry in our Instrument Manager to move the SPI continuous contract to your instrument list?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
      Thanks for the prompt reply I did as you asked and the data says it is loading both when you open a chart or backtest however the chart and backtest are empty, please advise

Comment

waza1960, are you getting any Level 1 data for the continuous contract in NinjaTrader's Control Center?

If not, please try the APS|SFE mapping for eSignal under the SPI master instrument symbol in your Instrument Manager, after this change restart NT fresh please to make it effective. This would give you then the 24hrs SPI eSignal symbol data.

Also, you might want to check with eSignal if they would support continuous contracts for the SPI for external / API access (which NinjaTrader would use).

Comment

waza1960, are you getting any Level 1 data for the continuous contract in NinjaTrader's Control Center?
          Not sure what you mean however I can get the APSISFE data working fine using current contract but ## ## does not seem to work for continuous.
          I contacted Esignal and they said if I can get continuous contract data on their esignal platform which I can then ninja should be able to access the same data.
          For the esignal continuous contract I had to use APS 1!-SFE symbol but I tried this in the Instrument manager and it doesn't work. Any more advise would be welcome.thanks

Comment

Hi waza1960, could you please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand with your eSignal logins so I can test this on my end here for you?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Guys,
              I am experiancing this exact same problem.
              Is there a solution to this please?
              I have APS|SFE mapped for eSignal and SPI ## ## brings up a blank chart.
              I am recieving level 1 data for SPI 03-11 but not for SPI ## ##

Regards,
              Stevo

Comment

Stevo, I'm not sure if eSignal offers continuous contracts (#F expiry) for those markets, have you confirmed with them?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
                  The #F code only applies to US futures.
                  For all others the symbology is different.
                  The code is APS 1!-SFE (for the SPI 200 on SFE)

Thanks,
                  Stevo

Comment

Steve, I believe currently we would only support the #F ones - would you mind contacting me at support at ninjatrader dot com with your eSignal logins so I could test and doublecheck here?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Bertrand,
                      No problem, although if you don't mind testing over the weekend I'll do it after COB Friday as I need it running 24/6 (if you log in it will cut my connection off). I've successfully managed to download all available 1 min continuous data from eSignal and import it into NT which suits my needs for the time being. The format conversion process was a pain... so I would be most grateful if it could become seamless.
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

Comment

Steve, sure that would be possible as well - just contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com when you're ready and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same problem, wondering did the problem got fixed or there's a work-around? Thanks

Comment

Hi Lawrence, unfortunately it was concluded we cannot support the eSignal 1! mapping needed to access those contracts - it's on our dev teams list though for future consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              Hi Lawrence, unfortunately it was concluded we cannot support the eSignal 1! mapping needed to access those contracts - it's on our dev teams list though for future consideration.
                              Also interested in this feature, Merry Christmas!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ZenCortexAuCost