Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Send orders

Hello,

I'm currently running Ninjatrader, datasource is esignal and broker is mbtrading.

I've tried submitting orders to Mbtrading account on the futures market, in particular 6e 09-10 and cl 08-10, however, the "state" never went past "Pending". Cancelling by clicking on "x" doesn't change the state, and the only way to "erase" was to restart ninjatrading (since i can't disconnect and reconnect to mbtrading).

Is there i did wrong here?

Hope to get help from someone..

Here are some of the stuff in my log

11:27:00 Order Submitting order with strategy id-'xxxx'(Ticks)
    11:27:00 Order Order = xxxx-username-1/accountnumber' name='entry' new state=pendingsubmit instrument='cl 08-10' action=sell limit price=xx.xx S
    11:27:05 Default Failed to call 'Add' method for period type 'tick'. Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown.

Hello pehon,

Am I correct I work with you already via email on this issue?

Please see my latest email I sent you.

Can you please send me your MBTrading username and password, so I can test your connection on my end.

If you do not receive real-time data for a certain instrument while connected to MBTrading, you will not be able to trade it either.

Am I correct the rejection error only occurs when you trade your live MBTrading account?

If so, please contact MBTrading to verify if your live account is authorized to trade the instruments that currently produce a rejection error.

It really seems your MBTrading live account is not authorized for futures instruments, thus you will not receive data nor will you be able to trade these instruments.
    Please contact MBTrading to verify.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah sorry haven't received any email replies from ninjatrader for any of my tickets. Hence decided to ask for help over here.

anyway, contacted mbtrading and this was what they told me.

MBT Chris: One moment
      MBT Chris: I would imagine you are having the problem because you chose Esignal as the data feed instead of us
      MBT Chris: MB Trading
      MBT Chris: I do not show any rejections in your account
      MBT Chris: which tells me that your attempt at placing the order never made it to our servers
      pehon: ok thanks. I'll bring this to ninja trader support. Just to confirm my account is ready for futures contract orders being placed right?
      pehon: do i stilll need to sign up for your CME CBOT data packages?
      MBT Chris: Have you traded futures with us before?
      MBT Chris: n this account
      MBT Chris: in
      pehon: nope its a newly created, newly funded account
      MBT Chris: I do show you filled out the paperwork to trade futures
      MBT Chris: and it does look like it is all setup
      MBT Chris: and I do show that you do have the CME and CBOT full data feeds
      MBT Chris: So you have the permissions
      MBT Chris: to trade futures
      MBT Chris: I think the problem has to do with you choosing Esignal as the data provider

Anyway, i connected to esignal first, then connected to mbtrading (cos mbtrading doesn't provide historical tick data?). will switching over to mbtrading connection followed by esignal help?

thnaks

Comment

Hello pehon,

Yes, please connect to MBTrading first, so real-time data will be retrieved from MBTrading. Please wait with connecting to eSignal second. Check if you receive real-time data for the futures instruments you tried to trade.

If there is no real-data received from MBTrading you will not be able to trade the instrument either.

I believe you indicated in our email correspondance that you do not receive real-time data for these futures instruments when connected to MBTrading, correct? If so, please check with MBTrading if they can enable these instruments for you.

You can send me your MBTrading username and password, so I can test your connection on my end as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Anyway, so i'm connected to MBtrading and receiving data for 6e 09-10. I'm having trouble for 6a, 6b, gc, tf. Not sure why.

I tried submitting a limit sell order for 6e at 1.2750, current price is 1.2757, and it doesn't go thru. Stil the same "pending", and clicking on "X" doesn't cancel the order. I'm sending u over PM my username and passowrd now.

Just to add, i did submit an order wrongly to another of my account in mbtrading that doesn't have futures activated, and i did get a "reject" notice in Ninjatrader.

MBT MarkM: Hello, Welcome to MB Trading! How may I help you?
          pehon: hello, i'm looking at my quotes feeds
          pehon: Nasdaq Level I
          Nasdaq Level II
          NYSE
          Full COMEX quotes [ Signed ]
          NYMEX miNY quotes [ Signed ]
          Start: N/A
          End: N/A
          Demo Active Full Quotes Perm
          pehon: can i change my quotes for full comex, full nymex, full cbot and full cme?
          MBT MarkM: when did you do that?
          pehon: when did i do what sorry?
          MBT MarkM: you said you changed them
          MBT MarkM: oh sorry
          MBT MarkM: you asked
          MBT MarkM: yes you can
          MBT MarkM: you can change them
          pehon: yeah but your website says "software package has already been selected"
          MBT MarkM: but you need to send an email to [email protected]
          pehon: however the thing is i don't have full CBOT and full CME
          MBT MarkM: whats your user name?
          pehon: F16Eater
          MBT MarkM: and you are aware that it will charge you more correct?
          pehon: yup
          MBT MarkM: so you want Full CME and full CBOT correct?
          MBT MarkM: actually you do have those
          pehon: yeah and Full NYMEX
          MBT MarkM: i am looking at your account
          pehon: i do? i'm connected to the account but i don't have live feed for CL contract
          pehon: all i see are those i pasted above. I don't see CME or CBOT as activated.
          MBT MarkM: reload your navigator
          MBT MarkM: and type in /CLU0
          MBT MarkM: i see under permissions that you have Full CME and CBOT
          pehon: Alright thanks.
          pehon: i'll try to sort it out on my end thanks.
          Last edited by pehon; 07-14-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I've spent the last few hours on the phone with MBTrading, it appears the problem is server side.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade  
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes