OnSessionEnd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnSessionEnd?

Is there an event like the one above? Perhaps an event such as "OnExitOnClose()"? I would really like something along those lines to inform my program that no more trades are to be taken after positions are closed out prior to the session ending.

Hello cgergan,

Unfortunately, there isn't a built in method for this. You may get use from the BarsSinceSession value or work with time.

This reference sample can help manipulating date / time objects.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please forward to developers.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello cgergan,

Unfortunately, there isn't a built in method for this. You may get use from the BarsSinceSession value or work with time.

This reference sample can help manipulating date / time objects.
      Hi, and thanks for the response.

Please forward this request on to your developers. I am not completely unfamiliar with working with C# time series variables, and I built an effective time-management system within a stand-alone automated program some time ago.

The problem with the approach you've suggested to me is that it requires that I maintain two separate session tables:

• One will be maintained within NinjaTrader, whose properties are available internally to NinjaTrader for purposes of determining when to close a position before session end.
      • One maintained, in table fashion, within the script, against whom time values must be compared on a per-event basis (taking up resources in the process).

Exposing "OnSessionEnd()" or something similar (the session time properties of a given instrument) allows the end user to maintain a single session table, reducing errors and enhancing organization. The method you've suggested to me is not only inefficient, it's really just bad protocol -

Kind Regards,
      CG

Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I will forward to our development team.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Taddypole  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes