New policy coming for NT "Direct Edition"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just received notice from a client who was informed by AmpFutures that NinjaTrader was requiring all free license holders to register their platform and get a unique NT license key?

Can you give me specifics on what this is, and what limitations/benefits this will incur?

Thank you!

Hi Ben, with the release of NT7 pending the Direct Edition licenses need to get converted to the new Direct Edition format. For anyone who is currently using NinjaTrader with a Direct Edition license, they will so no changes in functionality with the new license they receive. Sincerely - John

Comment

Thanks John,

Ok...so when NT7 is officially released, then all free-license users will get a unique license key, and they won't see a loss in functionality. Is there anything they need to do now to switch over, or is this only when NT7.0 is officially out of beta?

Comment

The goal is to have all users converted to unique licenses prior to the release of NT7. All clients who convert in advance of the NT7 release will keep their existing functionality. Users that start after the general release of NT7 will likely have slightly less functionality than is currently available. Sincerely - John

Comment

Ok...so where should I be directing people to go to get their unique license key? What's the process?

Comment

Ask them to send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com with their license key and we will reply back with a link to register for the new license.

Please do the following and reply back with the license key you are using:

1. Double click on the NinjaTrader desktop icon to open NinjaTrader
            2. Now that NinjaTrader is open select, “Help > License Key…”
            3. Next copy the license key that appears, paste it in an email and reply back to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
              The goal is to have all users converted to unique licenses prior to the release of NT7. All clients who convert in advance of the NT7 release will keep their existing functionality. Users that start after the general release of NT7 will likely have slightly less functionality than is currently available. Sincerely - John
              Hi John,
              can you elaborate what functionability of the Direct Edition (Direct Edition = free/sim edition, right) will be taken off under the new license scheme.

Currently i am using a Live license. Is my old Sim license still valid and if so then can i send my Sim license for the pre-release upgrade (as you mentioned in your last post) as i wish to use my sim license and the live license concurrently in 2 different PC's.

thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,

Nothing will be taken off, there is only a license change.

You should still be able to use the Free Edition license which starts with '@SIM'. There are no changes in this area.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                  Hi,

Nothing will be taken off, there is only a license change.

You should still be able to use the Free Edition license which starts with '@SIM'. There are no changes in this area.
                  Thanks Vincent for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elderan
                  by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                  0 responses