Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Tools...Rectangle

Ninja Trader 7.0.0.18

Is there a 'setting' for the Drawing Tools>Rectangle....that will allow it to continue extending to the right?
    (NOTE: The 'Fib' Drawing Tools have a checkbox to extend to the right)

I draw "support/resistance' zones using the rectangle, and once set I would like the option to have these 'zones' keep extending right as price moves.
    As it stands now I have to manually keep moving and extending these things.

Thanks....

Hello photog53,

Thank you for your post.

If you are setting horizontal levels based on a rectangle drawing object, have you tried using the Ray drawing object? This would plot an extended line that you could re-position up or down as your support/resistance levels changed.

If this is not the case, please provide a screenshot so that I may better understand you query.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have attached a quick screen grab for a visual......

What I have done in other charting systems, .and would like to do in Ninja.....is
      to draw 'zones' of Support & Resistance that project forward.
      I draw these early in the day, and then periodically check to see when Price action moves
      into one of the 'zones'.

Single line Rays will extend but they extend only for a single price point. Multiple
      Rays (top & bottom of a zone) don't have the visual impact of a colored Rectangle.

Ex: I draw the initial rectangle at 6am CDT. By 7am I have to manually extend
      the 'zone' forward because the right edge stops at the point I initially drew the rectangle.
      I would like a "checkbox" that would extend the rectangle automatically to the right as
      price moves....rather than my having to manually extend it.

Thanks.............
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello photog53,

Thank you for your response.

This would be possible but since the rectangular drawing tool is not purposed for this ‘extension’ then custom programming in NinjaScript would be necessary.

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for here:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Comment

Too bad this isn't a targeted change. (I've heard this shortcoming bemoaned in more than
          one trading room....mostly from people accustomed to the power of eSignal and other charting packages).

I can code C#.....and I imagine a DrawRectangle with a right edge at the CurrentBar/current time would work.

.....(you might want to reconsider adding a 'checkbox' to keep th Rectangle right edge always at currentbar or currenttime.
          Thanks ..

Comment

Hello photog53,

Definitely check out the NinjaScript file sharing section to see if you find this tool already available. I will forward this note to our development department for consideration.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Comment

I've coded an indicator to draw these zones. it works on Ninja 7....and I've uploaded it to the "Indicators" portion of the Ninja Support website. It is called ColorZone2.

Calling up an indicator and keying the levels isn't quite as convenient as using a drawing tool....especially for ad hoc zones, but this will work for now.

My code allows color, opacity, and border color control...in addition to setting the two price levels (top & bottom) for the zone. Colors are serialized, so they should work OK.

As always...thanks for the quick responses...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred