Panels are merging upon NT7 restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panels are merging upon NT7 restart

I have configured one of my chart windows to contain 4 data series (NQ YM TF ES)

It works fine when I build the chart.

I then save my workspace and close NT. When I reopen NT it seems there is a 50% chance this chart does not display correct. For some reason it merges panel 1 and 2 so two markets display in one panel and the other two display properly. Other times I start it up and all 4 panels display correctly.

I can't find any consistency to when it will work with out me having to reset the panels. It seems there is no correlation between these merging and my computer restarting either.

Anyways it's not a major problem since it takes 30 seconds to fix, but is a bug that can get annoying.
    Last edited by shazzmoe; 07-16-2010, 09:45 AM.

shazzmoe, thanks for reporting this in - could you please direct your workspaces and trace / logs via the Help > Mail to Support feature and then include also a reference to this thread here, I'll then check into and reproduce on my end.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shazzmoe, the workspaces loaded up correctly as far as I could tell. There were no merged panels. If you can reproduce this issue on command, please let us know the exact steps that lead to the merged panels.
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can confirm that this is a continuous problem which I can reproduce almost daily.

I see cases where
        -> Panels are missing
        -> Two instruments are put on the same panel with one panel being empty
        -> Some panels (and the data not loading) with the "Loading ..." message on top

This most probably has to do with the time taken to read historical data from the db when multiple instruments/multiple charts are being loaded. It seems to have gotten worse with NT7B18

Comment

aviat, shazzmoe, since you guys can reproduce this, can you please provide us with the exact set of steps that creates the error?
          AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          168 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes