Blend historical data with replay data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blend historical data with replay data

I have NT set to record data. I usually start the program 1/2 before market open (I'm on the west coast). When I replay that data, is there any way to get NT to fill in data I don't have (ie. pre-market data) with historical data? What happens now is that it jams the previous day's session right next to the day I am replaying, creating big spikes in price movement, which messes up moving averages. Takes a good hour for them to settle down, and that's exactly when I want to be doing my practice trading. (And no, I don't want to get up earlier to start the program sooner. ).

Hello russdirks,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connecting to within NinjaTrader, the time interval chart used and the verion of NinjaTrader you have installed? You can check your version under Help-->About.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using NT 6.5.1000.16 with a trial Zenfire data feed. I use 3 tick charts (340, 578 and 2584) and 1 time interval chart (40 seconds). I normally close all charts and workspaces, then connect to market replay, then open charts using File/New. I'm never really sure what to put in the "Range Settings" part of the Format Data Series dialog box.

Comment

Please connect to Zen-Fire-->Open a chart for the day you are going to replay in order to populate data-->Disconnect-->Connect to Market Replay-->Open a new chart with your instrument.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM
        19 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by ZeroKuhl, Yesterday, 04:31 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes