Market Analyzer Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Indicators

I am just now beginning to explore the capabilities of the Market Analyzer window and it has some very helpful features. However, I need some additional understanding. I like the fact that I can put the desired indicators in columns. However, for different instruments in the same Market Analyzer window, can I set different Data series Types and Values for the indicator depending on which instrument row it is in? For instance, say that I have the Aroon Indicator in one of my columns and my instrument rows are ES and YM. Is there a way for the Aroon (or any indicator) to be set for Type Volume and Value 2000 for the ES instrument and Type Tick and Value 100 for the YM instrument? So far, any change that I make in one of these indicator settings seems to have a global effect for all instruments. What I really want is to be able to configure the same indicator individually accross the various instruments within the same Market Analyzer window. That would be a very powerful feature for me and would alow me to see a current snapshot summary at a glance. Hope this question makes sense. Thanks.

Market Analyzer

Hello,

Yes, this is possible. You will need to add a second indicator column for the exact same indicator, but then change the data series type in the indicator properties.

Comment

Tahnk you. I had just figured that out. Another question. Since I will have multiple columns of the same indicator (with different configurations), can I display a blank cell in the combinations of Instrument/Configuration that I am not interested in?

Comment

Market Analyzer

Hello,

Unfortunately, what you would like to accomplish is not possible.

Comment

Alert Conditions

Is there a way to access alert conditions in the Market Analyzer based on dynamic variables such as high, low or close of price bars? Also if price crosses above a moving average for example?

Comment

Market Analyzer

Hello,

Yes, this is possible. You will need to add those specific columns to the Market Analyzer window and then create alert conditions. You can create alert conditions in the column properties of Columns window.Additional information can be found below.

Comment

That's not what I meant. How would I add an alert to tell me if the last price exceeded the daily high/low for example? Or how would I add an alert if the last price is greater than the 21 period HMA(Hull moving Average)?
              The alert value window only accepts hard numbers and not variables such as high and low for the day.

Comment

This is not supported at this time as a function of the Market Analyzer. You can set these conditions in a custom NinjaScript indicator and then add this indicator as a column and add an alert on your custom NinjaScript indicator.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ma column

NT support,
                  can i have a indicator column bypass processing a particular instrument in ma?

Comment

mystiq, unfortunately this is not currently possible.
                    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

updating values

...have a few questions:

when using format-1440minutes compared to format-1daily in MA, (with onbarupdateonclose set to FALSE) would this return the same values? trying to obtain updated daily values

in MA the NETCHANGE column updates fine, but the CLOSE column still displays yesterday's value... y? trying to obtain updated CLOSE

also in MA, all the intraday indicators(30min/60min) update fine, but the weekly and monthly indicators I question. they use onbarupdateonclose set to TRUE. does this mean it won't update until the close of the weekly/monthly bar? which is once-a-week or month?
                      trying to obtain updated weekly and monthly values

*Market Analyer look back period*what is the minimum number of bars required to properly initialize any indicator column?

Indicator Columns
                      Each indicator has a # of bars to look back parameter in the Columns window that overrides the one in the Market Analyzer Properties window noted above. The higher the number, the longer it will take to load data and the more memory (RAM) NinjaTrader will use to hold the data in memory......is this adjustable in NinjaTrader6.5?
                      Each indicator has a Maximum bars look back parameter in the Columns window that determines how many historical indicator values are stored for access. It is set to TwoHundredFiftySix by default for optimal performance. Setting this to Infinite will take longer to calculate and NinjaTrader will use more memory (RAM) to hold the extra values in memory. ...is this adjustable in NinjaTrader6.5?

Thx

PS~sorry if this one is not suited for this thread, but on SPY chart- monthly LASTPRICE is 131.56 ....but on SPY chart- 60minute LASTPRICE is 132.04~ can't figure out why
                      screenshot is attached
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mystiq; 04-16-2011, 02:42 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
                        ...have a few questions:

when using format-1440minutes compared to format-1daily in MA, (with onbarupdateonclose set to FALSE) would this return the same values? trying to obtain updated daily values
                        If the session template you're using matches the 1440 minute template (Default 24/7), then they should return the same values.
                        in MA the NETCHANGE column updates fine, but the CLOSE column still displays yesterday's value... y? trying to obtain updated CLOSE
                        Please set CalcOnBarClose to false and see if it updates the close correctly. If that doesn't work, you can create a simple indicator that just plots the close price and apply that to the MA to get the most recent close price.
                        also in MA, all the intraday indicators(30min/60min) update fine, but the weekly and monthly indicators I question. they use onbarupdateonclose set to TRUE. does this mean it won't update until the close of the weekly/monthly bar? which is once-a-week or month?
                        trying to obtain updated weekly and monthly values
                        Yes, you'll have to also set these to CalcOnBarClose = false for them to update mid-week or mid-month.
                        *Market Analyer look back period*what is the minimum number of bars required to properly initialize any indicator column?

Indicator Columns
                        Each indicator has a # of bars to look back parameter in the Columns window that overrides the one in the Market Analyzer Properties window noted above. The higher the number, the longer it will take to load data and the more memory (RAM) NinjaTrader will use to hold the data in memory......is this adjustable in NinjaTrader6.5?
                        Each indicator has a Maximum bars look back parameter in the Columns window that determines how many historical indicator values are stored for access. It is set to TwoHundredFiftySix by default for optimal performance. Setting this to Infinite will take longer to calculate and NinjaTrader will use more memory (RAM) to hold the extra values in memory. ...is this adjustable in NinjaTrader6.5?

These are not adjustable in NT6.5.

Thx

PS~sorry if this one is not suited for this thread, but on SPY chart- monthly LASTPRICE is 131.56 ....but on SPY chart- 60minute LASTPRICE is 132.04~ can't figure out why
                        screenshot is attached
                        Are you using the same session template for both? Please try setting both to Default 24/7 or 12:00 to 12:00 if you are using NT6.5 and see if that fixes the price. Did you bring both charts up when the markets were open?
                        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

in MA the NETCHANGE column updates fine, but the CLOSE column still displays yesterday's value... y? trying to obtain updated CLOSE in MA the NETCHANGE column updates fine, but the CLOSE column still displays yesterday's value... y? trying to obtain updated CLOSE

Please set CalcOnBarClose to false and see if it updates the close correctly. If that doesn't work, you can create a simple indicator that just plots the close price and apply that to the MA to get the most recent close price.
                          =======

OK..and the last previous close(yesterday) is still displayed in MA....and the NETCHANGE still show the correct value...any more suggstions?

what settings should be best for capturing daily values? 400min 1440min 1daily ????? onbarupdateclose TRUE/FALSE ?????
                          Last edited by mystiq; 04-20-2011, 05:24 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

mystiq, what broker or datafeed provider are you using here to test? For a custom indicator returning the value you would need to work with CalculateOnBarClose = false, daily charts should be fine.
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i use yahoo ....

....just for argument sake...what would the intraday daily setting be? 360min 400min 1440min ????

and i changed LASTCLOSE to LASTPRICE
                              Last edited by mystiq; 04-21-2011, 03:34 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kulwinder73