• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Neophyte Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nepenthean
    replied
    Yes, I have read that. I have 9/4/10 as the end date for the daily chart. Why does it end at 8/20/10?

For the minute charts, the 'reload historical data' is greyed out.

This is really beginning to frustrate me.

From the help guide you referenced:

" Changing an Interval via Chart Toolbar
    To change an interval using the chart toolbar:

1.Left mouse click on the Data Series drop down menu from the chart toolbar
    2.Left mouse click on any of the minute, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly menu items."

I did just that, but nothing changed. 8/20/10 is still the cut off date. Another customer rep asked me to email the log/trace files through the help menu, which I did. However, NT failed to send it twice. After I manually sent the files, he said no error was listed. What is going on?
    Last edited by nepenthean; 09-04-2010, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Chip
    replied
    Hello nepenthean,

You should be able to see historical trade data so long as you have this plot enabled.

You will want to review “How to edit Data Series parameters” at the following link to our Help Guide:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    "Hello.

I just bought a lease for NT 7. I am currently using zen-fire. When I get up in the morning, I want to load data from what happened during the night. But when I start up chart trader, I can only get what is occurring in the present. In the data series window, I have 3 days selected; but it does not seem to change anything. I also have 24/7 default template selected.

Moreover, the daily chart is missing the last 1/3 of data for SI 12/10 for the month of August. I have 300 days selected. It has the first 2/3 of August and then goes into September. Am I missing something?

Thanks"

I will email the files for which you ask. In the meantime, could you help me with the first issue described above about bringing up a minute chart and having several hours of data load instead of just starting at the present minute. I hope I am clear. For example, if I start the chart at 7 30, the chart will start plotting data at that time instead of filling in the previous hours. I have 24/7 template selected, 3 days.

For the second issue about the daily chart. Please see attached screen shot. It terminates at 8/20/10. I did not select this range. In the data series window, I have 9/4/10 end date selected.

Thank you very much.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nepenthean; 09-04-2010, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

Can you please send this files manually in the case through your email client as attachments to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email.
    Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20100902 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20100902 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I look forward to assisting you further.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
    Hello,

Can you please goto Control Center->Help->Mail To support and send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com with your trace and log files attached so that we may take a look at what is going on. Please reference this forum post.

I tried twice but was met with an error box indicating the remote server did not properly respond in time.

?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

Can you please goto Control Center->Help->Mail To support and send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com with your trace and log files attached so that we may take a look at what is going on. Please reference this forum post.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Hello.

I just bought a lease for NT 7. I am currently using zen-fire. When I get up in the morning, I want to load data from what happened during the night. But when I start up chart trader, I can only get what is occurring in the present. In the data series window, I have 3 days selected; but it does not seem to change anything. I also have 24/7 default template selected.

Moreover, the daily chart is missing the last 1/3 of data for SI 12/10 for the month of August. I have 300 days selected. It has the first 2/3 of August and then goes into September. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Last edited by nepenthean; 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

This is brett following up.

This is correct as long as NinjaTrader did not need to be restarted or entered a connection lost state. If the connection was disrupted and then you were reconnected this is ok. However if NinjaTrader is restarted or the connect is disconnected manually (File->Disconnect) and then reconnect the auto trail will no longer function or the automatic cancelation of a profit target or a stop loss will not longer function and this will need to be managed manually.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
    It depends if your stop triggered during the disconnect. We don't receive an update then since there's no connection.

Also, see here for order location:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...7076#post27076

Just so I know we are on the same page: For example, an instrument I am trading is $40 with a trailing stop 3 points behind. My connection goes down just as it jumps to $43. My stop sell is still at $37 because my computer is no longer connected to adjust the stop, correct? Upon reconnection, my stop will move accordingly?

So when I execute an order, it goes to my broker's server then to zen-fire's server at the exchange?

Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_VinceB
    replied
    It depends if your stop triggered during the disconnect. We don't receive an update then since there's no connection.

Also, see here for order location:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...7076#post27076

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Hello.

One more question: If I have a trailing stop and my net connection goes down, the last stop is still on my broker's server, correct? And when my connection resets, the trailing stop resumes where it is supposed to be?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Hello,

The only issue you might see if that chart will not display data if it is currently outside of the regular trading hours for this instrument.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Awesome! Thanks kyle.

Regarding session templates, one must be applied? Will there be a big problem if I unwittingly apply a wrong template?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hi nepenthean,

Great - that's what I needed to know.

Please take the following steps:
    • Disconnect from the Simulated Data Feed.
    • From the Control Center, click Tools > Instrument Manager.
    • In the Instrument Manager, select SI from the list on the right side of the menu, then press Edit to open the Instrument Editor.
    • In the Definition tab of the Instrument Editor, set a new 'Sim Feed Start Price' value of 18.385. After doing so, press OK to exit the Instrument Editor.
    • Next, press OK to exit the Instrument Manager.
    • Finally, restart NinjaTrader, reconnect to the Simulated Data Feed and open a new SI 12-10 chart. You should now see data.

Leave a comment:

• nepenthean
    replied
    Ok. What I mean is, I want to simulate trading SI. But when I bring up the chart, there is no price action like when I simulate trading ES using the 24/7 template. I am using the simulated connection.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Mykro, Today, 10:03 PM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post Mykro
by Mykro

Started by coolTrade, Today, 09:37 PM
0 responses