Strategy Analyzer shows no trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer shows no trades

This is very basic I am sure. But when I use strategy analyzer with my own strategy or others where I am certain there would be trades I am getting no results. I must be doing something wrong or a setting is wrong.

klineal

Hello Klineal,

Unfortunately there isn't just one thing that could explain this. One thing you can do is add drawing objects for visual confirmation of signals. If you're seeing confirmation that your conditions are true but no orders are submitted, you can add TraceOrders = true; to your Initialize method. You then view output for strategy based orders through the tools > output window.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Are you checking for Historical in your script? In back testing, all bars are considered to be Historical.

Comment

i have the same problem.i need to analyz a strategy already in the forum.do we need historical data to analyz or do we need some thing else.i m using IB as data feed.

Comment

Hello alfa123,

Backtesting requires data. The data can be acquired through stored real time data or historical data. IB supplies historical data so you should be able to backtest with this connection.

The suggestion by Avrohom relates to a coding mechanism where you return out of processing historical bars. Having this line in your strategy will prevent backtesting.

That's an additional thing to check beyond using drawing tools and TraceOrders output to debug strategy orders.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses