Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop loss & profit target orders get activated only after buy stop order is execute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop loss & profit target orders get activated only after buy stop order is execute

Hi,

I am trying to write a simple breakout strategy in NinjaTrader. Basically when certain condition is met, I would like to send a buy stop order to IB and the corresponding stop loss and profit target orders are sent out at the same time. However that stop loss and profit target orders only sit on IB's server and are not activated. Only when that buy stop order is executed, the stop loss and profit target orders will be activated. I don't want NinjaTrader to manage the stop loss and profit target orders, otherwise if the network gets disconnected and that buy stop order is executed during this period, it is not protected. Is there any good solution to insure my position is always protected by a stop loss order?

I just found out an old post http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ight=stop+loss. It seems these is no good solution to prevent the risk of a naked position in case of network disconnection unless my strategy monitors the quote tick by tick and when the buy stop order is reached, send out a buy market order and the stoploss and profittarget oco orders at the same time instead of waiting for OnExecution().

- Clearpicks
    Last edited by clearpicks; 07-20-2010, 10:16 PM.

Hi clearpicks,

With the internal handling rules described at the bottom of the page here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview36

...you will likely see orders ignored if you attempt to do this by simply submitting an order along with the entry.

You may be able to achieve this with Unmanaged orders:

Or you can simply submit an order manually to protect the order, however that will of course need to be monitored as well.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes