Pats system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jason.
    I hold a NT7 Multibroker licence key. I have a few questions here.

Q1. Is a there a limitation to how many different broker connections concurrently...meaning connecting to PAT API, CQG, MB Trading, Gains, etc.

Q2 Can NT7 connects to multiple brokers using the same brokerage feed. e.g. Broker A, B, C, all using PAT API routing platform. This is very common for Asian brokerages, most using the JTrader front-end. Based on my current experience, it appears not possible....
    Last edited by yongthanyee; 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM. Reason: Not completed writing the message

Comment

Hello yongthanyee,

This is Cameron responding on behalf of Jason.

With the Multi-Broker license, you can connect to all of the supported brokers from within NinjaTrader at the same time.

Note that each broker would need its own API connection.

With that said, some brokerage APIs can accept multiple working combinations within NinjaTrader, some cannot.

In your example, Patsystems can only create one connection within NinjaTrader, but would work with other API connections.
      CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not seeing PAT button

I am using NT7. Trying to follow the troubleshooting, but I am unable to find the PAT button under tools>Instrument.

Is this fix still valid?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello vhanded,

You should see a Pats button in the upper right corner of the Instrument Manager once connected to Patsystems in NinjaTrader. Could it be you are not connected to Patsystems?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That might be the case.

This is what I did so far:
            I created a new connection, inserted my username and password, set my country to Malaysia, Trace Level 0; Super TAS; key in Host server address & port + price server address & port.

While File->Connect, I got "Login failed: Unable to login, error 7: Unknown Application"

Which part to start troubleshooting?

Comment

This occurs when your account has not been configured correctly on your broker's server.

- Shut down NinjaTrader
              - Contact your broker and inform them that you receive this error message and that they have not set up your account with the correct NinjaTrader application ID
              - Once they have confirmed that the account is correctly configured confirm with them the correct logon/server credentials
              - If any of this information is different you will need to change/update your account connection in NinjaTrader via Tools > Account Connections
              - Restart NinjaTrader and connect

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply. I am currently still under Free license. What should I provide to my broker? I have a simulation License Key that NinjaTrader gave me during sign up.

Comment

Please inform them with the error you experience and have them check if your account is correctly configured on their end for NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rocketman7  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses