Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with NT / IB

I am using NT 7.0.0.18

I tried to live trade the first time via IB / NT and encountered at least 2 different problems:

1. I tried to strategy live trade an instrument for which I do not have a data-subscription from IB, but from another provider - not sure if that is supposed to work?
    Do I generally need IB market data to be able to trade via IB?

There is a warning popup from IB that seems to cause trouble - has anyone experience with that?

2. I tried to trade a strategy live with forex data - this seems basically to work since IB is providing the forex data - but after about 2 executed live trades NT froze completely without warning - I tried a second time with the same result. Maybe there are some additional adjustments in TWS I need to undertake? Any idea what it could be?

I did everything explained in the connection guide and the connection itself is fine - NT is working fine in simulation mode with IB live data and automated strategies.
    Last edited by azuul; 07-22-2010, 02:27 AM.

Hi,

1) If you're not subscribed through IB for this data, it means you don't have it available in your account which means you can't trade it in your IB account. You need to have them add the instrument to your account.

Not sure about the warning. Best is to contact IB if the message comes from them. We just display it.

2) Would need to see your Trace file. Send a note from within the software under Help--> Mail to support. Have Logs and Traces checked and send it over. Include the link to this post as well so we know what issue we need to look for.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

for 1.) I was maybe not clear enough:

I can trade e.g. Futures manually, since my account has permission for it, but I do not have a datastream subscription from IB. IB is only providing delayed Data - nevertheless I am getting an annoying warning from IB which I was not able to suppress before I can submit a trade:

"You are trying to submit an order without having market data for this instrument, IB strongly recommends against this kind of blind trading which may result in erroneus or unexepected trades. Are you sure you want to submit this order?"

Since I do have Data - but from a different source, this still seems to cause problems with automated NT strategies. That is why I asked if this combination is possible or supported basically?

I encountered a potentially very dangerous situation:
      I had enabled "immediatelly submit live working orders"
      IB was rejecting NT generated orders --
      NT kept sending them - dozens per second - which led to several hundred orders in a several seconds in TWS which very luckily were not submitted to the market. The amount of warning pop ups led to a crash of NT before I could close it via taskmanger (which would have been difficult under that conditions, Windows was about to lock up...)
      Last edited by azuul; 07-22-2010, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I'm not familiar with what you describe, but based on the IB warning we don't advice you to trade this way since you can get yourself in a lot of trouble which we can't provide assistance for.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I agree ;-) - was not aware that this combination is not recommended/supported - I did not read any note about it. Obviously it is mainly IB related, nevertheless this could be an issue in the NT / IB interface, since that kind of behaviour should not occur. Especially since there is no "Panic- button" in NT to stop instantly all activity.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DavidHP
          by DavidHP

Started by Aviram Y, 08-09-2023, 09:04 AM
          10 responses
          0 likes