Getting Bars/Time Data to Line Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Bars/Time Data to Line Up?

How do I set up my charts so that if I stack a 1,3,5,8, etc charts on top of each other like a column on my screen, the bars/time data will properly align?

Ex.--If I have a 1 minute chart window sitting on top of a 5 minute chart window, one 5 minute bar should take up the same amount of space as five 1 minute bars. The time data at the bottom should also align. It should all be symmetrical. How do you do that?

Thanks

Unfortunately this is not supported at this time.

Comment

Hmmm,

I'm new to these parts and I don't mean to poke anyone in the eye, but getting different time period charts to sync up is as basic and fundamental as charting gets?!? How do you overlook that? What value is there in putting multiple charts on a screen of the same instrument if the information the charts are presenting isn't presented in a way that is consistent and easy to assimulate?

NT has some really neat features, but this is like building a premiere luxury car with all the bells and whistles, but no one remembered to bolt the engine and the transmission together.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. It's already on our list of future enhancements. For now you could use the global crosshair concept to "sync" bars on different charts.

Comment

Thanks Dierk.

Two Questions:

Is there a simple way to get a chart to "refresh". I find that the only way to force a "refresh" is to close the chart and open a new one. Is there an easier way?

When opening a chart is there a way to force it to only pull up the current days data? I find that when I open up the Format Data Series menu and check in the Range Settings to only go back 1 day when the chart opens it always goes back 2 and pulls the previous days data. How do I get it to stop doing that and only pulls up today's data?

Thanks

Comment

- Try F5
            - Data is pulled from the DB (historical data "cache") and the provider for those days where data is missing in the DB

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                - Try F5
                - Data is pulled from the DB (historical data "cache") and the provider for those days where data is missing in the DB
                That is not working. Here is what is happening...

When I close my computer and disconnect from my IB account at the end of the day, on the next trading day when I open NT and connect (I have my charts set to start streaming at 9 am) the charts that opened with NT at the beginning of the day will not accept the new day's datafeed. I have used F5, I've gone into the Format Data Series menu to try and 'force' it to begin receiving data with no luck.

If I go into the Control Center and open a brand new chart it will start streaming with no problems. Is there a way to get the previous days charts that loaded with NT at the beginning of the day to receive the data feed?

Thanks

Comment

Charting

Hello,

I was wondering if you are using the Market Replay function after market hours.

If so, you should always use a brand new chart for market replay if possible. From the Contol Center window select "File-->New-->Chart..." and select the instrument and interval for your chart. Close this chart after finished with market replay.

If you decide to use the same chart windows that you use for live trading, you must reset the chart "Last date" property to today's date by clicking on your right mouse button in the chart and selecting the menu "Format Data Series..." after you have reconnected to your live account. If you do not do this, your chart will not update with current market data.

Comment

Ahhhh... I have been playing with the market replay. I'll try what you suggested.

Thanks!

Comment

This limitation will be enahnced for our fall release to automatically reset the "last" date to the last date held prior to using the Market Replay Connection.
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes