Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM order residence varies?

OK, per the "where do your orders reside" sticky, for Zen-Fire
    Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers.
    OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.
    If an ATM strategy had BOTH a stop & a profit target, that is an OCO and therefore the ATM managed stop & target are on my PC. [Sidebar: I hope y'all fix this one day]

What if the ATM strategy is designed to trail and has no target? Then there is only an ATM managed stop order which is in the Active state. So per the sticky, then the ATM stop is at the exchange -- correct?

I just want to clarify that an ATM managed order is different depending on the profit target.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

Unfortunately not, as there are only 3 order types at the exchange for most exchanges. Limit order, Stop Limit or Stop Market, and Market orders. There is not a valid order at the exchange for a trailing stop or any other advanced ATM functionality. This is all managed by NinjaTrader on your PC. Therefor you will need to be connected with NinjaTrader to allow the modifications to continue to take place. However the stop order is on the exchange so if you where to get disconnected the stop order would still exist, however will no longer automatically auto trail or auto breakeven since NinjaTrader is not connected to make the modification.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

OK, that response contradicts itself so I will re-state to make certain I understand.

The ATM submitted stop order IS at the exchange, which was the question, so the answer is yes.

The intelligence to update/modify the stop to trail is on the PC (which was not the question). and that is as expected since it is code.

So if disconnected, I do have a protective stop at the exchange, it simply will not continue to update/trail until I am re-connected (or stopped out).

Is that a correct summary?

And the stop is actually at the exchange (not just my broker) so my stop order is part of the Level2 DOM volumes seen by other traders, yes?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes