Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pats connection

hi
    im using patsysems connection for ninjatrader, i opened a live account and funded my money
    but when i try to log in, after almost a minute it finally says "connected" with green (is it normal to wait so long time?)
    then when i click on the "accounts" tab, i see in "cash value" 100,000. when i didnt deposited 100,000$
    i dont know what the sim101 means cuz its not my account number
    also i have a demo license key,becouse all i want to do is use the superDOM and the charts. should i purchase the full software?
    i have also problem with the chart when its only show the current price market and not show historical data

where can i see me real cash value and how can i start trading?

i read the help guide but i dont really understand it all

thanx

Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

im using patsysems connection for ninjatrader, i opened a live account and funded my money
    but when i try to log in, after almost a minute it finally says "connected" with green (is it normal to wait so long time?)
    Yes, it is normal for a Patsystems account to take a minute or two to connect.

then when i click on the "accounts" tab, i see in "cash value" 100,000. when i didnt deposited 100,000$
    i dont know what the sim101 means cuz its not my account number
    The $100,000 in cash value is the value of your default simulation account that comes with NinjaTrader. The Sim101 account is the name of this simulation account and allows you to place simulated "demo" trades in order to practice against the real market with your Patsystems account.

also i have a demo license key, becouse all i want to do is use the superDOM and the charts. should i purchase the full software?
    You can use the demo license if you just plan on charting and placing simulated orders. If you wish to trade live, you are required to purchase a single brokerage license through NinjaTrader. I have included information on our single brokerage licenses below.

i have also problem with the chart when its only show the current price market and not show historical data
    Can you tell me what type of chart and what time interval you are looking at?

Please review our Help Guide article on Historical Data:

Patsystems only supports real-time and historical daily data for futures. Which means you will only be able to view daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts for futures instruments.

where can i see me real cash value and how can i start trading?
    As soon as you purchase a Live License you will be able to see your account balance through Patsystems and you will be able to trade live.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
    • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
    • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
    • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, it is normal for a Patsystems account to take a minute or two to connect.

The $100,000 in cash value is the value of your default simulation account that comes with NinjaTrader. The Sim101 account is the name of this simulation account and allows you to place simulated "demo" trades in order to practice against the real market with your Patsystems account.

You can use the demo license if you just plan on charting and placing simulated orders. If you wish to trade live, you are required to purchase a single brokerage license through NinjaTrader. I have included information on our single brokerage licenses below.

Can you tell me what type of chart and what time interval you are looking at?

Please review our Help Guide article on Historical Data:

Patsystems only supports real-time and historical daily data for futures. Which means you will only be able to view daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts for futures instruments.

As soon as you purchase a Live License you will be able to see your account balance through Patsystems and you will be able to trade live.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
      The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
      • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
      • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
      • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month
      Learn more about our purchase options!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
      thank u for your help

but how can i know that if i will buy the software its will not be the same?
      can i see some pictures from the full version just to make sure before i purchase it?

and is the patsystems worst then the other connections?
      thanx
      Last edited by shortybugi; 07-28-2010, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Hi shortybugi,

1.) The only difference between the free version of NinjaTrader and the full version is the ability to select your live account when placing orders. The software itself remains the same in terms of look and all other functions.

2.) PATSystems is no better or worse than any of the other supported data connections. One thing to be aware of would be that PATSystems does not provide historical data which would be a service included with many of the other providers.

For a complete listing of the different types of data each provider offers, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi shortybugi,

1.) The only difference between the free version of NinjaTrader and the full version is the ability to select your live account when placing orders. The software itself remains the same in terms of look and all other functions.

2.) PATSystems is no better or worse than any of the other supported data connections. One thing to be aware of would be that PATSystems does not provide historical data which would be a service included with many of the other providers.

For a complete listing of the different types of data each provider offers, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
          ok.
          i want to know if when i use the dynamic superDOM and press HOLD a couple of seconds before the market get volatile (impact fundamental release) can it help me get in the market before the spike started?

and in my broker there is "NinjaTrader - Credit Purchase"
          what does it means buy credits?

Comment

Shortibugy,

Yes, pressing the Hold button on Dynamic SuperDOM will freeze the price action and allow you to easily place orders at a specific price without worrying about the price ladder moving too quickly for you to manage in volatile markets.

In order to use the static SuperDOM, you have to pay a small royalty to Trading Technologies who patented the technology. Your broker is offering "credits" in order for you to fulfill these royalties. More information on this subject can be found here:

Comment

Shortibugy,

Yes, pressing the Hold button on Dynamic SuperDOM will freeze the price action and allow you to easily place orders at a specific price without worrying about the price ladder moving too quickly for you to manage in volatile markets.

In order to use the static SuperDOM, you have to pay a small royalty to Trading Technologies who patented the technology. Your broker is offering "credits" in order for you to fulfill these royalties. More information on this subject can be found here:
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...settlement.htm
              why in static superDOM i need to pay royalty and in dynamic i dont?
              is static better then dynamic?

Comment

shortybugi,

Trading Technology owns the patent to the static superDOM, to be able to use the static superDOM you must pay licensing fees to TT. You do have another option that does not have any licensing fees and that is the dynamic superDOM.

I can't say if the Dynamic or Static SuperDOM is better than the other, it is up to your preferences. If you find the moving prices on the Dynamic DOM distracting, you can also press the hold button to temporarily freeze the price action. Aside from the price ladder, the two DOMs work exactly the same.

Please review our Help Guide article on the differences between the Static and Dynamic DOM:

Comment

shortybugi,

Trading Technology owns the patent to the static superDOM, to be able to use the static superDOM you must pay licensing fees to TT. You do have another option that does not have any licensing fees and that is the dynamic superDOM.

I can't say if the Dynamic or Static SuperDOM is better than the other, it is up to your preferences. If you find the moving prices on the Dynamic DOM distracting, you can also press the hold button to temporarily freeze the price action. Aside from the price ladder, the two DOMs work exactly the same.

Please review our Help Guide article on the differences between the Static and Dynamic DOM:
                  http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eLadderDisplay
                  if my strategy is to catch the spikes during volatile market, should i use the dynamic? and if my strategy is to trade on the long time frame should i use the static?

Comment

shortybugi,

I can't provide any comments as this would be considered trading advice and we're not qualified to provide this.

Maybe someone in the community is willing to share their experiences with you?

Good luck and Happy Trading!

Comment

shortybugi,

I can't provide any comments as this would be considered trading advice and we're not qualified to provide this.

Maybe someone in the community is willing to share their experiences with you?

Good luck and Happy Trading!
                      ok, thanks anyway for the answers
                      my question was, what the diffrent between the static and dynamic. in static the price do not change so it cant be distracting by the volatile market, but in dynamic, if i press HOLD its become like static
                      did i got it right?

Comment

shortybugi,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Please take a look at the Help Guide article I posted above for detailed information. We also have free daily live training sessions which will quickly get you up to speed with our software.

More information about these sessions can be found here:
                        Webinar Schedule

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Help Guide
                        Video Library

Let me know if you have any additional questions and once more thank you for your interest in our software.

Comment

shortybugi,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Please take a look at the Help Guide article I posted above for detailed information. We also have free daily live training sessions which will quickly get you up to speed with our software.

More information about these sessions can be found here:
                          Webinar Schedule

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Help Guide
                          Video Library

Let me know if you have any additional questions and once more thank you for your interest in our software.
                          thank you.

Comment

hii again
                            i got a question about the ninja trader purchase
                            if i buy throgh paypal will i get my license key to my paypal email?
                            can i get a refund if something go worng?
                            and how do i setup my account to trade live after i put the license key?
                            thanx

Comment

Hello shortybugi,

Thank you for your post.

Please send an email to sales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with 'ATTN: Mike' in the subject line and he will provide more information on your licensing inquiry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elirion
                              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              0 responses