Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies corrupted- can't do anything

I'm using NT 6.5.

Somehow, all of my strategies are corrupted. I cannot compile anything, whether it is by the wizard or unlocked code.

If I try to create a new strategy via the wizard, it gives me a warning box "Error on generating Strategy" After clicking okay, a window pops up with the code. The error in the bottom reads:

Ninja Script File : Strategy\Centerline6b.cs
    error: The namespace "NinjaTrader Strategy" already contains a definition for "Centerline3Ga"

I'm not sure what the reference to Centerline6b or Centerline3Ga are. Because I am simply trying to create a wizard generated strategy from scratch.

I have the same sort of problems trying to compile an existing unlocked strategy. Weird errors citing strategy names that I'm not using.

BTW, I cannot delete any strategies either.

Hello lookOutBelow,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files and post a screenshot of the entire error messages that will be listed after compilation.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Please let me know what happens when you try to delete the indicator/strategy that contains the error via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript. Do you receive an error message as well? If so, please let me know what the error exactly states.

In addition, did you make any changes in NinjaTrader since the issue occurred? Did you perhaps import custom or 3rd party indicators/strategies?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I ended up fixing the problem by taking some random unlocked code, and doing a "save as" from the editor. I saved it as "Centerline6b". This is the filename that was being spit out in the error messages.

After saving it as that file name, I compiled it, and it worked. Then everything else magically started working again too.

I would of made screen shots, but I did this last night before you replied. I cannot reproduce the error now.

I did not install any indicators or 3rd party add ons. I was simply doing a lot of code changes and doing "save as" to new file names as I made changes. Something got weird somewhere.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello lookOutBelow,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files and post a screenshot of the entire error messages that will be listed after compilation.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Please let me know what happens when you try to delete the indicator/strategy that contains the error via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript. Do you receive an error message as well? If so, please let me know what the error exactly states.

In addition, did you make any changes in NinjaTrader since the issue occurred? Did you perhaps import custom or 3rd party indicators/strategies?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Skifree
      by Skifree

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes